Help with PB2!

Options
caroldot
caroldot Posts: 388 Member
I finally bought some PB2.......now what do I do with it?!?! :huh: Suggestions, please!

Replies

• cb83580
    cb83580 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I mainly just use it for dipping carrots in. I plan on trying to mix up some peanut butter balls or bars one of these days, though!
  • lucyricky2
    lucyricky2 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I also bought some from Amazon. I know there is a website on the box. I will be watching this thread for suggestions also. thanks
  • coachmjfitness11
    Options
    I throw some in my protien shakes and my shakeology, or spread it on a rice cake- delicious! Also use with apples or mix it as suggested and use as normal pb! :) It has better taste than adams- which was my old "healthy" go to!
  • madworld1
    Options
    I just mix mine with water and it turns to pb. Then, I put it on wheat toast. I bought it without really knowing what it was. I prob won't buy it again. It's not horrible, I just don't see the point.
  • sheleen302
    sheleen302 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Love pb2, use it for baking, mixing in protein shakes, make up as peanut butter. It's a very low cal, low carb way to enjoy the peanut butter flavor that I really love but hate the calories, carbs and fat.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Almond milk + pb2 + vanilla protein powder + frozen banana = bliss.

That's about it for me. I use it in my shakes. Otherwise I prefer real pb.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I only ever use it in my protein shakes. 1 frozen banana + 1 tbsp. Chocolate PB2 + 1/2 scoop EAS vanilla protein powder + 6oz. 0% plain Greek yogurt + 8oz. unsweetened vanilla almond milk + 1/2 tsp. cinnamon = OM NOM NOM.

Edited to add: OH!! I forgot that sometimes I also add it to plain oatmeal or plain Greek yogurt, as well.

Otherwise I just eat real peanut butter or almond butter and fit it into my day.
  • frankyk89
    frankyk89 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Almond milk + pb2 + vanilla protein powder + frozen banana = bliss.

That's about it for me. I use it in my shakes. Otherwise I prefer real pb.
    um, yum!! i will have to try this, thanks for posting it.
    I use my PB2 in protein shakes and also in my oatmeal......
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    The Bell Plantation website has a lot of recipes you can check out. My favorite way to use PB2 is just mixing it with water and a tablespoon of chia seed, and spreading it on toast. Nom nom.
  • AshS1050
    AshS1050 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    i want to buy this. bump for when i do!
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    My favorite use for it is in a shake with chocolate protein powder and almond milk (and maybe also frozen banana, yum!)

Other uses:
    -- Asian peanut sauces
    -- I'll dip slices of apple into the powder
    -- mix with cool whip to make a peanut butter mousse
    -- low-cal hummus. Instead of using olive oil and tahini, I'll use liquid from the can of chickpeas and PB2.
  • lucyricky2
    lucyricky2 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    bump
  • _TEMPEST_
    Options
    Stir 1 tbs into 1 cup of fat free cool whip, and voila....peanut butter mousse!
  • jazzcat55
    jazzcat55 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it yet, but I am really curious how it would be mixed into those banana-oatmeal no-bake cookies.
  • Spamcat
    Options
    1C cottage cheese
    2 tbsp PB2
    no cal choc sauce
    3/4 c cherioos

The best breakfast, or after workout way to get some protein and carbs........
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I love it mixed in my morning oatmeal .... sweetened with maple syrup
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I just mix mine with water and it turns to pb. Then, I put it on wheat toast. I bought it without really knowing what it was. I prob won't buy it again. It's not horrible, I just don't see the point.

Water ............. and toast ..... not a good combination.

Better - mix the powder with jelly for a reduced fat PB & J
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I add extra water to make it more of a sauce and drizzle over pancakes
  • mschf3
    mschf3 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I mix it in my baked oatmeal batter and it adds protein AND great flavor! :)
  • sds76
    sds76 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I love PB2 in my protein shakes or when I make the biggest loser grahamwiches. Chocolate graham cracker with PB2 on it, 1 tbsp of lite cool whip. sandwich it together and freeze. Makes a yummy "ice cream" sandwich that all my kids love as well as myself and my hubby.

PS....I just recently found out that Kroger carries PB2 in their health food section, no more having to order it from amazon for me :)