New to myfitnesspal

Options
Hello everyone. My story will most likely sound familiar to many of you. I have tried so many weightloss programs it's just crazy. My problem is that I start out strong and just lose motivation. I've realized that I need to address my issues before attempting further weightloss. I'm most definitely a stress eater, and at 42 my body doesn't want to let go of my extra weight like it used to. I have always wanted a quick loss and when that didn't occur I turned to food for comfort...just a nasty cycle. I'm ready to make some drastic changes with my life and my health, and I hope taking this journey with you good folks with be super motivating! :happy:

Replies

• EEfromJersey
    EEfromJersey Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you, we all need some motivation/support from each other and you've come to the right place.
  • cherylatkwechanged
    cherylatkwechanged Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    It's an amazing place, I get lots of support my MFP friends and I have managed to stick it for 25 days which is a Mirical. Good. Luck with your journey x
  • phylsyl
    phylsyl Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Kimmy! You came to the right place. There is lots of support at MFP. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • deep220
    deep220 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hang in there... I am also an emotional eater. I just can't be trusted when stressed, why must we be so hard on ourselves- really!!! The support here is great! Welcome
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Hi! No better place for support! Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • fullofhope76
    Options
    I am an emotional eater. Tired, sad, happy, bored, you name it. I have found that since I have been really trying to stick to the calorie allotment on MFP it is getting easier day by day. Feel free to add me!
  • KristineW78
    KristineW78 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am recovering from stress eating! I am taking some greens that help me crave food less because I am getting my proper fruit/veggie quantities from it and just changed my diet to cut out sugar, most carbs and then drinking TONS of water. This site is the BEST for tracking those calories too! I am becoming so much more aware of what it takes to get healthy from the inside out!
  • KristineW78
    KristineW78 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am recovering from stress/emotional eating! I am taking some greens that help me crave food less because I am getting my proper fruit/veggie quantities from it and just changed my diet to cut out sugar, most carbs and then drinking TONS of water. This site is the BEST for tracking those calories too! I am becoming so much more aware of what it takes to get healthy from the inside out! TURN OFF THE TV 3-4 hours before bedtime and commit to not eating at that time!
  • catmanor
    catmanor Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I so understand what you mean by getting disheartened when the weight doesn't come off as fast as I want it to.. I am trying to learn patience and remember that it didn't all pile on in a week so it wont drop off in a week either!

Feel free to add me.. am always up for supporting friends..
  • kimmyrn42
    Options
    I could sure use some advice on dealing with stress eating...also snacking late at night! It seems I start out strong but fizzle by 6pm. Any tips would be sooo helpful...Thanks guys :smile:
  • salbycat
    salbycat Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am a stress eater, too. Last year was HORRIBLE...so depressed and I gained 24 lbs...I was 15 lbs to my goal weight and put ON 24 lbs.

So we begin again...

Anyway, I am also a night nosher and have found that keeping lots of herbal teas, or decafs teas, around at night helps. I like it sweet, so I add a Splenda, or lately, raw sugar (even though I am trying to keep the rest of my carbs and sugars in check).

But I find that the hot, sweet tea staves off hunger, and helps with the sweet cravings. Plus, Chamomile helps me feel a little less stressed out.

Hope this helps! Good luck! We are all in the same boat here!
  • kimmyrn42
    Options
    Salbycat thanks so much for the advice! I think most of my problem is that the food is there and not necessarily that I'm hungry...I really enjoy a good cup of hot tea, and am willing to give that a try.

I have come so close a time or two as well, so I feel your pain. I thought quitting smoking five years ago was difficult...weightloss is so much harder!

The plan is to set small goals and as I reach them reward myself with some little non food item...as soon as I reach my first goal its off to Ulta to purchase the Glinda eyeshadow palette from Urban Decay...lol

The fact that you are willing to begin again shows determination...good luck to you.