5'2 182 to 160 - 18 months - Before/During

Options
Here are my weight loss pics from 182-160, it has taken me a very long 18 months to lose just 22 lbs and Im still looking to lose about 15 more. I do not log everyday, although I notice better results when I do, I dont cut food groups, only attempt to eat things in moderation. I love to Lift Heavy (Barbbell squats 3x10 @ 150lbs, Deadlifts 3x10 @ 110lbs , Bench Press 3x10 @ 65lbs are my big 3). I am very much a work in progress, i am hoping that with my weight loss being extremely slow that I will be able to keep it off. I currently lose at about 1 lb per month, sometimes a little more.

25 years old, married, mother of 4 yr old and 2 yr old, work full time.
5'2
182 SW
160.4 CW
145 GW

Starting Pant Size TIGHT 14
Current Pant size Tight 10-Lose 12
Goal Pant Size Lose 10

Me and My husband - 10/2011
before1_zps0d3a96a7.jpg

182lbs
before2_zpsf159cbcd.jpg

182lbs
before3_zps5c3aaa74.jpg

During - 170lbs
IMAG0385.jpg

Current - 160lbs
after_zpse390df38.jpg

Cant wait to edit this post with a photo at 145lbs, might take me another year but Im in it for the long haul, doesnt matter how long it takes, I will get there! Thank you everyone for your inspiration!

Replies

• nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    wow! u look GREAT and SO HAPPY!!! congrats prtty lady!!!:drinker:
  • Prettymisssparkles
    Prettymisssparkles Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look fabulous! Beautiful smile by the way! Very pretty!
  • bethanytowell
    bethanytowell Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies, I suppose when you feel happy your body cant help but show it!
  • trainingdirty
    trainingdirty Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    you look wonderful! way to go girl!

ps you look like rachel mcadams, has anyone ever told you that? O:
  • bethanytowell
    Options
    Being likened to Rachel McAdams might be the BEST compliment EVER! She is gorgeous, I would never consider myself on that level but I will take it! Thank you for making my week!
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    you look really good and my height! :)
  • kinggrace78
    Options
    Great job! You are a great inspiration to me. I started this past Thursday and my SW was 181.4 and I'm only 5'2' also. I expect to lose slowly as well because I have to work around knee pain. I hope I'm you in another year :)
  • skinnyiverson
    Options
    Good job! You look great!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Aww you look amazing and so exciting...
  • icandowhateveriputmymindto
    Options
    Wow! Awesome job! This is really inspiring! All this done just with calorie counting on MFP?
  • bethanytowell
    Options
    I eat around 1600-1700 calories per day and lift heavy 3 days per week. I have only lost 22lbs but feel like I have put on quite a bit of muscle, My legs and arms have very visable muscle tone now and my butt has literally lifted inches and gotten much more round instead of flat. I have been lifting for about 8 months now. I do not do cardio outside of a 10 minute warmup/cool down walk before and after my lifting. The walk is usually on a 10-15 incline at 2.5-3.5 pace.

It feels amazing to be an inspiration to even 1 person, I know so many have inspired me and I hope that even my small success can inspire someone and let them know they too can do it.

I sometimes get discouraged when I see people posting they have lost 50lbs in 6 months and things of that sort but I just try to remind myself that everyones body is so different and we all lose differently.

So as for me, I cant say thank you enough for the support from My Fitnesspal users and im just going to keep trucking along, knowing that one day I will look down and see those magic numbers on the scale....one day.
  • Petrapoo45
    Petrapoo45 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job!! This is where I am sitting at too and its fun to see the progress of others :happy:
  • MizCJ84
    MizCJ84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    We have similar goals, and similar body types. That 20 pounds made a really nice difference. Way to go! I can't wait to see your updated 145 lb photo :happy:
  • tristalamothe
    tristalamothe Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Slow but sure! You're doing it the right way and look fantastic!!
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jmc827
    jmc827 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Soooo nice to see someone with similar body type and goals as me!! You look amazing. I too have been losing slow, but find it hard to stay in the mindset that I dont need to lose fast. Still working on switching my brain to accepting slow as the way to go......This was the motivation I needed!! Thank you!
  • chris10_hi
    chris10_hi Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    awesome job!!!!!! you look great!!
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    great dedication! :D Some people get discouraged by not loseing fast, but if you keep at it then you will reach your goal! :) Great job!
  • Khole02
    Options
    Way to go on the weight loss! You looks awesome! :)
  • LadyElby
    LadyElby Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You look great! We have similar weight goals, and I've been on a very similar weight loss track too. Helps to see your pictures because I can actually see the difference, whereas i don't really see the difference in myself. Great work!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!