Over-eaters Anonymous

Options
Hi, my name is Smigs, and im an over-eater. i just can't seem to stop. i love to cook and i love love love to bake sweets! i needs tips on how to stop over-eating. does anyone else out there have this problem?

Replies

• lauraandmonsters
    lauraandmonsters Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    If I bake it, I eat it. Just keep it out of the house.
  • mythicals
    mythicals Posts: 70
    Options
    I also struggle with overeating.
    The past few weeks have been terrible- I ate almost everything unhealthy in the kitchen. Once I start, I can't stop myself.
    Try focusing on something else other than food to keep your mind off of eating. Drinking plenty of water or chewing gum works for me.
  • AmyToria
    AmyToria Posts: 11
    Options
    I used to be the absolute worse for this (which is reflected in todays food diary) but i've found that pears are excellent for sweet snacks and that a salad with every dinner can't put you wrong. Also get low calorie thin bread, in england we have nimble and i think its delish. And don't deprive yourself chocolate. Xxx
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I have to agree, keep it out of the house. Once you go a couple weeks - a month eating healthy and making the right choices, check out "light cooking" recipes. You will be amazed at how much you can substitute these days. Just don't make a huge amount at once in case you get tempted to eat too much of it.

Best of luck!! I know it's hard!
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I wish I could keep crap out of my house! But, alas I'm 16 and living with my parents and have no authority when it comes to the food in our house.
  • AmyToria
    AmyToria Posts: 11
    Options
    I wish I could keep crap out of my house! But, alas I'm 16 and living with my parents and have no authority when it comes to the food in our house.
    I'm feeling what you're saying. But i'm off to university in september so it's all my choices from then :)
  • chanson104
    chanson104 Posts: 859
    Options
    Maybe you could put your love for baking to good use. Bake something and promptly take it to a friend, neighbor, or just an acquaintance that could use a little cheering up. And once in a while keep just a little piece for yourself. ;-)
  • amtrust
    amtrust Posts: 178
    Options
    I, too, overeat often....love to indulge. So hard not to. I'm working on it, too. You're not alone!