binge!

julianesels
julianesels Posts: 3
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I have been a little bit off track in the last few weeks, snacking much more, grabbing handfuls of food all the time. But today I had a 1000 calorie binge! I am so scared that I am going to gain weight again. Any tips on how to gain back will power? What should I eat tomorrow?

Replies

• miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Try and eat more fruits and drink more water....or try and keep yourself busy.....its hard to tell you how to get over your binge because each person is different

You just have to find the will power within to say no.....

Also try and give yourself one cheat day....so atleast you have one day to look forward to....so it will give you the strength and determination to stay focused because you have that one day to look forward to

Binging is hard to deal with....we all struggle with it ever so often
  • mythicals
    mythicals Posts: 70
    Hey- you're not the only one.
    I've been having lots of problems with binging and had a 3000 calorie day today filled with cheesecake. :ohwell:
    The best thing you can do is have a filling breakfast, even if you're still stuffed from food. Drink lots of water, fruits and veggies. Don't hate yourself, we all slip up. If you can, go out for a walk or jog to burn off some of those extra calories. I sometimes buy myself a new workout DVD to keep me motivated and my mind off of food.
    Your weight is never determined by one binge. Get back on track the next day and you won't notice a difference.
    Good luck!
  • thanks guys!
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    binging is so easy to do, especially when your so focused on eating right all the time. I agree with the above poster on allowing yourself a meal once a week where you just throw of the calorie counting. This week for example I went out for Mexican and ate way more chips and salsa than one person should be allowed to consume.

but it helps me to get it out of my system and I actually feel better for having done it. It allows me to still enjoy and eat but one meal wont hurt me.

in fact I actually went down in weight after eating this meal, sometimes I think our body needs that jolt to keep burning calories. for me it broke a weight loss plateau that I was stuck at.

and remeber not to focus on your slipup and focus on all your successes!
  • Junisahn
    Junisahn Posts: 166 Member
    This was me last weekend, and I know I did it because I wasn't losing - just gave up for 2 days. I'm back on track now because the way I felt about myself for losing my control was really low. Even though I had a set back in my weight loss goals, I feel better now for being able to get back on track. It's totally worth it for my self esteem.

Wish I had some advice, but basically, I just visualized pulling myself up and dusting myself off and jumping back on the wagon. I know that sounds hokey, but it truly is how I feel. And now I feel like I'm riding high again! ;)
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    3,500 calories = 1 pound. I really doubt that 1,000 did much. Just exercise. Calories in, calories out. But, don't try burning all the calories you ate! That'd be ridiculous.

Actually, your binge may in fact jumpstart your weight loss. It confuses your metabolism.
This discussion has been closed.