Do you use a SCALE?

Options
Spook_Nuke_Em
Spook_Nuke_Em Posts: 408 Member
I didn't know where to post this... Just wondering what kind of bathroom scales you all use? I have a 20 dollar weight watcher glass digital from Costco. It seems okay. I want to get a new one though... Suggestions?

Thanks

Replies

• red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    eatsmart scale. amazon
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    eatsmart scale. amazon

same...

41H4XBQRQhL._SX300_.jpg

This is the model I have :::

http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Precision-Digital-Bathroom-Technology/dp/B001KXZ808

The numbers get a bit off when the batteries get low, but other than that, it's awesome!
  • Spook_Nuke_Em
    Options
    eatsmart scale. amazon

Thanks, good reviews. What model do you have?
  • Spook_Nuke_Em
    Options
    eatsmart scale. amazon

same...

41H4XBQRQhL._SX300_.jpg

This is the model I have :::

http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Precision-Digital-Bathroom-Technology/dp/B001KXZ808

The numbers get a bit off when the batteries get low, but other than that, it's awesome!

Thanks man! I'll be ordering next pay day!
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I didn't know where to post this... Just wondering what kind of bathroom scales you all use? I have a 20 dollar weight watcher glass digital from Costco. It seems okay. I want to get a new one though... Suggestions?

Thanks

I had that same scale, I loved it! It's at home in California right now, though, and I live in Washington. But it was always a great, reliable scale for me.
  • thenewkayla08
    thenewkayla08 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm so ordering me one of these! They look great and have awesome reviews!

Thanks guys!!
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    I don't think you really need a great scale. You're probably ok as long as the scale you have is moving in the direction you want. Measurements and BF% are better ways of tracking progress.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I hate my scale and am considering throwing it out the window!!!

lol.
  • LJGettinSexy
    LJGettinSexy Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    That's a great answer. The only way I would buy a new scale if the numbers were going up instead of down.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    I have one of these:

41t82kumROL._AA160_.jpg

hoping this displayed properly.

My old one, when you could get it to not start adding 2-3 pounds to the display before you actually got on, showed me weighing a whole lot less (9 pounds) than the new one, but the new one IS closer to what the doc's office scale shows.

I put more stock in measurements and how my clothes fit, tho, but it DOES feel good when the numbers go down. :bigsmile:

ETA that it's a Camry bathroom scale. I picked it up for a little bit of nothing online.
  • originalkazila
    Options
    I just use the scale at the gym. I'd become too obsessive if I had one in my home.
  • Pelly57
    Pelly57 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Another good option, if you want/need a little more room to stand on is Eatsmart Precision Plus Digital Bathroom Scale with Ultra Wide Platform and Step-on Technology, also available through Amazon.
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Don't get mine! It sucks! Its a generic scale from Walmart though... :blushing:

ETA & TMI: I have weighed myself then gone #1 & #2 and then weighed myself again for s@#t's and giggles and it showed NO difference. That is how much is sucks!
  • Bella3119
    Options
    I just use the scale at the gym. I'd become too obsessive if I had one in my home.

^^^^^^THIS!!!^^^^^^

I decided last night to give up weighing myself all together!
  • Graham_077
    Graham_077 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I bought these a couple of years ago (they were in white not black but that doesn’t make much difference!) Omron karda scan - They were half the current amazon price back then

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Omron-BF508-Composition-Monitor-Bathroom/dp/B0033AGBVG/ref=sr_1_1?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1361384864&sr=1-1

Bought them to track the change in my BF. The BF measurement with these are almost the same as measured at the gym using callipers. Normally wary of BF measurements using scales but these seem to be pretty accurate.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I have the EatSmart scale too, but I don't love it. It worked fine when I first bought it (about 6 months ago). But 3 months later, it started doing the thing one reviewer on Amazon mentioned, where it gives you a reading, and then if you step off and step back on, it gives you a different reading (mine is always 4 lbs lower the second time I step on it). I only use mine once or twice a month, so it's not worth buying a new one.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I got a nice HomeMedics unit from Walmart as a closeout for around $30.
  • mattagascar
    mattagascar Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I use 3 scales....one for food, one for bodyweight, and one for my cocaine sales.
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    nope, never. I go purely off progress pictures and how my clothes fit :)
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I use a Fitbit Aria. I find it nerdily motivational.

I also use an Omron scale for weighing food.

I think the kitchen scale is more important than the bathroom scale.