where is that recipe?

Options
atlmom
atlmom Posts: 27 Member
someone posted a fish recipe with panko bread crumbs that was kid tested. i can't find it and i've been back over a month. didn't think it was that long ago. can anyone help me or find it?

Replies

• sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Type panko into the search option in blue at the top of the message board and I think you'll find it. :)
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Wed 05/19/10 06:40 PM
    I make my kids flounder fish sticks all of the time!! Really easy!! Use the panko breadcrumbs, they are the really crunchy ones, you don't need to overdo it, just enough to coat it...then I saute in a tablespoon of EVOO until golden brown. Yummy!! And flounder is one of the better (lower calorie) fishes out there.

That's all I could find. :) Sorry if it's not the right one. Not even really a recipe, but was in the recipe section.
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Samantharose8akaDebbie Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Here you go:
    1. Kid approved fish sticks
    2 weeks ago by Dizzieferg

Hi all, my kiddos love this recipe I thought I would share smile .8- 1lb Sole white fish ( you can use talipia if you want) 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs (Look for whole wheat, but regular is OK) 2 egg whites beaten frothy salt and pepper to taste dip fish in egg whites, then bread crumbs, place on a broiler pan and bake at 350 aprx 15-20 min (depends on how thick the fish is) (188 cals per serving of 4oz) Sesame dipping sauce: (from Joy Bauer) 1/2 cup low sodium chicken stock...
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Samantharose8akaDebbie Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Sorry, here is the complete recipe:

Hi all, my kiddos love this recipe I thought I would share smile

.8- 1lb Sole white fish ( you can use talipia if you want)
    3/4 cup panko bread crumbs (Look for whole wheat, but regular is OK)
    2 egg whites beaten frothy

salt and pepper to taste

dip fish in egg whites, then bread crumbs, place on a broiler pan and bake at 350 aprx 15-20 min (depends on how thick the fish is)

(188 cals per serving of 4oz)

Sesame dipping sauce: (from Joy Bauer)

1/2 cup low sodium chicken stock
    1tbl fresh grated ginger (or 1/8+ ground ginger)
    4 cloves grated garlic
    2tbl ketchup
    2tbl low sodium soy sauce
    1 tbl rice vinegar
    1tbl honey (I add more)
    1.5tbl sesame seed oil

add all ingredients to sauce pot and simmer while fish cooks. Add 1.5 tbls cornstarch to 3 tbls cool water to dissolve and add the the sauce.
    (121 cals per serving)

serve with salad, bell pepper strips, or broccoli.
  • atlmom
    atlmom Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone!