Frustrating!

Options
:sad: Hi All! I've been doing mfp for right at 2 weeks now... I think 16 days total. I have weighed as little as 5lbs lost, but then I get on other days (same time of day), and it says I've lost only 1 lbs. I have made a super effort to watch everything that goes in my mouth, to exercise daily... I'm netting 1200 calories a day. What's with the frickin yoyo!!! I've never had weight problems before so this whole thing is very new and VERRRYYY frustrating to me! One day I feel like I've lost 10 lbs, the next like I've gained 10. ARRRGGGG! :sad:

Replies

• Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Samantharose8akaDebbie Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Hello. Only weigh yourself 1 day per week on the same day of the week..........................your weight fluctuates because of salt, water, etc. It is more accurate with once per week.............
  • marsha73
    marsha73 Posts: 23
    Options
    you will drive yourself crazy if you weigh everyday. once per week:sad:
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily. Every morning when I get up. Sometimes the scale is up but if I look back I notice that my sodium is usually higher on the day before. I will also vary if it is close to TOM. Are you weighing and measuring your food? Do you use a HRM when you exercise? Do you eat your exercise calories?
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    :sad: Hi All! I've been doing mfp for right at 2 weeks now... I think 16 days total. I have weighed as little as 5lbs lost, but then I get on other days (same time of day), and it says I've lost only 1 lbs. I have made a super effort to watch everything that goes in my mouth, to exercise daily... I'm netting 1200 calories a day. What's with the frickin yoyo!!! I've never had weight problems before so this whole thing is very new and VERRRYYY frustrating to me! One day I feel like I've lost 10 lbs, the next like I've gained 10. ARRRGGGG! :sad:

weigh once a week!! No offense but don't expect a miracle in 16 days it takes time now if it was 6 weeks or 16 weeks then fine but 16 days you must be realistic the weight didn't come on in 16 days and it's not going to come off in 16 days either. So relax and take it one day at a time 1 weigh in a week,
  • erinecox1981
    Options
    I've noticed that around TOM and around ovul I kinda blow up and put a good bit of water weight on... I also cry, eat chocolate and scream at people... so what's the difference if I feel fat, lmao. I don't weigh or measure my food... I would have to get desperate to do that. I do eat my workout calories. I tend to eat about 1600 total a day, but burn 400-500 working out, running, cleaning, gardening, painting, hanging sheetrock (we're remodeling ;0). If I just ate 1200 there's no way I'd have the fuel to do that stuff. I know that I can't expect a miracle in 16 days... i don't expect a miralce. I just expect that once I've lost the weight for it to frickin be gone! Guess that's not how the female body works ;0)

I'll dial back my weigh ins to once a week and see if that helps. I'll make sure it's always a skinny day at that ;0)