I'm back after having my second baby!!

Options
Hello everyone out there!
I am back after having my second baby! She is 4 weeks today! I am going to be in my sis-in-law's wedding on June 25th and need some serious motivation and support!
-Jen :)

Replies

• surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Four pounds a week? Pretty aggressive, but good luck!
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    No, I don't need to lose all the weight by the wedding!!!! I'm hoping for a pound to 2 a week for the wedding! The rest can come off after! :)
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Well, that should be doable! Assuming your body has recovered from the whole childbirth thing. Maybe you want to talk to someone else on that one! lol
  • mama22girlz
    mama22girlz Posts: 291
    Options
    4 weeks wow thats quick. Make sure your doc gives you the go-ahead. I waited until my second was 14 months before finally getting my fat butt in gear. Congrats on your newest addition and your decision to loose weight. I'm in a wedding in OCTOBER and that is HUGE motivation for me ;)
  • jenifergotti
    Options
    I waited 18 months with my first! I hate all the pics I have of me and him when he was a baby! I don't want to have that again.
  • mama22girlz
    Options
    I think its great that your already working on it, I was to sleep deprived to think of such things lol
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    totally doable! as long as you didnt go overboard while pregnant you can drop those baby pounds in no time. I had lost all my baby weight gained with my 2nd by 6 weeks PP.

Now if only the rest would come off so easy~
  • sweetykins222
    Options
    hi i just had my second baby 2mths ago and i started working out 2wks after having him not a whole lot mostly walking and just watching what i ate. I am sure you can lose a lb or 2 a week good luck with it all
  • jenifergotti
    Options
    Thanks for the motivation everyone! It is definately appreciated! I actually started running again today! I ran 2 miles, no where as fast as I was before the pregnancy, but I did it! Wahoo
  • vicki9792
    vicki9792 Posts: 31
    Options
    Hi! My second is 1 year now but I am still working on my last 15! Good luck~
  • jacylinjapan
    jacylinjapan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies this is my first ever post. I also had my first 2 years ago and only just decided to admit that I needed a little extra support. I gained 28kg during my pregnancy and lost 16 kg in the first year and this only happened because I was breastfeeding.I stopped feeding a year ago and I have another 14kg to go I was hoping to do this by Christmas. Any tips would be appreciated. Can you let me know what exercise you do other than running?
  • jenifergotti
    Options
    I LOVE running, it melts fat! I also am going to start biking and hiking once a week, when the hubby is not working! When he is at work, I am doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred! It's only a 30 minute workout, but it kicks my butt! Good luck with finding something that keeps you going!! You can do it!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    congrats on the new baby! Good luck with your weight loss!!
  • volliegrl
    volliegrl Posts: 16
    Options
    I had my first 5 months ago, and just starting to seriously to exercise faithfully and eat better, I had a long recovery from the birth of my BIG guy!! lol I am finding it hard though to get to the gym sometimes, as i don't have family here to help with watching my guy while i go , so i go on my hubby's days off!! Better than nothing! :)
  • jacylinjapan
    jacylinjapan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'll log back in and let you know how I get on. It's really motivating just seeing how well you have all done. Keep up the great work.
  • mama22girlz
    Options
    Hey ladies this is my first ever post. I also had my first 2 years ago and only just decided to admit that I needed a little extra support. I gained 28kg during my pregnancy and lost 16 kg in the first year and this only happened because I was breastfeeding.I stopped feeding a year ago and I have another 14kg to go I was hoping to do this by Christmas. Any tips would be appreciated. Can you let me know what exercise you do other than running?

yes Breastfeeding is a great for weightloss :wink: I bike with my two kids in a trailer behind me and I do the Wii fit and Jillian Michaels 30 day shred (its only 20 min long so great for nap time :wink: ) I also go to ZUMBA one night a week. Its my night off from the kids and I've never had so much fun working out before.
  • tHeFuTuReMrStSr
    Options
    hi, this is my first time on this site. So I really done know what to expect and advice would be awesome. I am only 19 years old and I weigh 202. I would like to be down 20 by September.
    JK
  • jenifergotti
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP family! Stick with it and you will do great! I found that if I log everything before I eat, I do much better!! You can do it, the first step is the hardest and you have already done it!! :)
  • actionpaint
    Options
    You're on the right track! The toughest thing is to stay there:) I had my little one back in September of 09', and have been yo- yoing ever since. I have about 17 or so lbs to get back to pre-pregnancy weight and about 30 more to reach my all time ultimate goal. I plan to look my best I ever had in my mid-thirties! YAY!!!! I'm going to be off from school for the summer, and I feel like I can finally focus on me. The sooner you do it, the better...and stick to it:) Good luck and Congrats! We need to keep checking back on the message boards so we stay focused:) LOL!