Question about the Color Run or Color Me Rad.

Options
amselby81
amselby81 Posts: 150 Member
As I understand it, they are throwing colored cornstarch at people. Could this cause breathing problems? I've accidentally inhaled baby powder made of cornstarch, and I don't think I'd want to feel that while running a 5K. Aside from that factor, it looks really cool.

Replies

• StrengthIDidntKnow
    Options
    I did my first one this weekend, it was a good time.

I didn't have a problem with it, I just kept my mouth shut tight. I noticed that some people, covered their mouth with either their hand or their t-shirt when they ran through the color stations.

Edited because the post below reminded me - I ran with a friend, that had also completed one the week before, she said they were giving out bandanas at the previous race. She used that and it worked well for her.
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    I did my first one this weekend, it was a good time.

I didn't have a problem with it, I just kept my mouth shut tight. I noticed that some people, covered their mouth with either their hand or their t-shirt when they ran through the color stations.
    I covered my nose and mouth with my tshirt (granted the starch does go right through it but I imagine that's better). I also saw a lot of people with bandanas tied around their necks that they pulled up near the color stations.

I did the Color Run in July and it was a BLAST. I want to do The Color Run and Color Me Rad next year! :D
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Options
    I have done two of the Color runs 5k and had no issues :) I have asthma so I brought my inhaler but never used it.Plus they do not throw the color in your face UNLESS you tell them :) It was the BEST 5k I have ever done so much music and color,can't wait until next year!! Good luck!
  • Dovely2
    Options
    This was very helpful. I was concerned about this since I have asthma as well. I'm looking forward to my Color Me Rad 5K in May. Thanks for the advice!
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    I did the color run in December, I'm also asthmatic and I didn't have a problem (did get the powder in the face a couple times, by accident... I was blowing turquoise every time I blew my nose for two days). One of my friends is a runner (I couldn't run because I'd broken a toe in two places and sprained the tendon in the same toe in October and I wasn't ready to run quite yet) and she said she had a little bit of trouble with the powder, but if she was able to do the race again, she would put a bandana over her mouth and nose at the powder stations when she got to them.