Does anyone know any great excercises for the arms??

Options
It seems like I have gained most of my weight in my upper arms and I am in real need of finding an excercise I can do at home. Being a stay at home mother is hard on the exercising, I have found. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :smile:

Replies

• Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Pushups are great for the arms as well as your core if you're looking for a cheaper way to tone. I would invest in a pair of dumbbells.. I have some and they've worked wonders for me! If you have them you can do biceps and tricpes curls, shoulder presses, etc.. they're great too. :smile:
  • aprilf
    aprilf Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I found this great site that has pictures and exercises for different muscle groups. Some are shown for machine, but others you can use dumbbells, or canned food.

http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    There are lots of things you can do with those big stretchy bands and they're not very expensive. I've also seen other people mention using canned goods or water bottles for weights too! :smile:
  • gracedrylewski
    gracedrylewski Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! Although I'm not a stay at home mom I am a full time nanny - and the exercise is so hard to fit in. I recently started looking into Tracy Anderson's Method - the dvd's seem expensive, but I'm still considering them. Anyway, she has a great 5 min arm workout posted on goop.com

http://goop.com/newsletter/70/en/

it is fun, dance-esque and even though you're not using weights you will definitely feel the burn! Hope you like it!
  • kikiwinks
    kikiwinks Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    If you have some dumbbells there are tons of exercises you can do. But, like another person replied you can also use water bottles or canned foods. Do bicep curls, shoulder raises, & tricep extensions. You can also do pushups & dips off of a bench or chair. Hope this helps!
  • proudarmywifeandmommy
    Options
    I have a great weight ball that I can use and I do have dumbells here at the house. Thanks so much for the suggestions, I really hate my arms right now and I have never had to really work at it so this kind of new to me.
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I have been doing an arm routine from www.fitnesstv.com called 20 minute tank top arms. Its free and it is working!! It uses dumb bells.
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I have been doing an arm routine from www.fitnesstv.com called 20 minute tank top arms. Its free and it is working!! It uses dumb bells.

Where do you find the workout..? I searched the site and I cant seem to find it.
  • mirgss
    mirgss Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I have started doing this:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/5_routines_for_women.htm
    Check out the "heavy duty to failure" section. I have been doing that for my arms and I am definitely seeing results. Also I saw someone else suggest pushups. My trainer told me tonight that is how she got her fab arms...so although I hate pushups...they are about to become my best friend. Good luck!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    They suck, but I have to agree - pushups! And dips. Plus nothing more than a chair required.