winter motivation

Options
I'm losing motivation because of the cold winter weather and snow!! When there's a blizzard outside I just want to eat comfort food and cuddle under a blanket. Ideas for motivation? How does everyone else make it through the winter?

Replies

• JennKoz529
    JennKoz529 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling the same way. I'm bumping this because I too would like some ideas! I wish I could help you but I am totally in the same boat that you are!!! Good luck!!!! :smile:
  • Seralithe
    Options
    *Bump* *Bump*
    I would love to hear this too. Sounds interesting...
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I have to do downstairs and do my workout (which right now is an easy walk on the elliptical) before looking out the window first thing in the morning which usually gets me moving somewhat. I also take a vitamin d supplement after lunch and it seems to give me a boost in the afternoons. Other then that would love any ideas, I hate the winter blues!!!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    I SAY JUST DO IT!
    It is minus 20 here and a blizzard, i have been in and out all day!
    DO IT!
  • atrebor18
    atrebor18 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling it as well since I love hiking and being outside and I can't really do that currently. I just make sure to pack my gym bag with me so I go right after school or work because if I stop at home I'll never leave! I also try to find some fun healthy inside activities to do like roller skating and walking the mall.
  • sammielealea
    sammielealea Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Summer bodies are made in the winter!! Quote I saw somewhere on Pinterest . . . Love it!
  • HRM7289
    Options
    I hung up my bathing suit in my bedroom right where i can see it every morning. That really kicks me into high gear first thing. Then I have this FAVORITE picture of me and my boyfriend,and also the picture of me looking like a whale at my brothers wedding hanging on the fridge. SURE FIRE WAY to make me walk away from it.
    Another thing i also do, I have "those" jeans. You know what ones im talking about. The ones that looked great 3 years ago, but now make me look like a blob, but i loved them so much i cant get rid of them.... I make sure to keep them at the top of the pile in my dresser. So every time i get dressed, and put clean clothes away, im reminded why im doing this to myself.
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    I hate winter also and as soon as my hubby retires - we are out of here!!! Golf, yard, warm........aarrgghh.. Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) is real. I try to leave the ugly state of Ohio at least once per month to Florida - south Florida. Sorry for the rant but... I still exercise, eat right and try to be "cheerful" to people who love cold crappy weather.
  • BIRDIEBL8
    BIRDIEBL8 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I would suggest making it fun. Working out or getting a good calorie burn can be as simple as making a snowman or bundle up & walk around the neighborhood. I walked to the fitness center in our snowstorm & grabbed a treadmill in front of a window. Had a great time & the calorie burn gave me room for some shepard's pie & a cappucino. Whatever you do - don't give up, spring is just around the corner!
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I make winterland my gym.
    Snow, I run in it.
    Sledding hills, I run up them and take it easy down.
    Roads if not icey, I burning shoes on it.
    Roads with not much snow, the bike hauls on.
    Its sounds worse than it is. Just like anything else, It is a lot easier once you start. It will only get easier when the weather breaks in a few months. Start now and don't look back.
    Try it. You'll feel amazing that you did. :)
    Goodluck
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    just f*ing do it!! no excuses. period. :)
  • pumalama
    pumalama Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    shoveling is quite a workout in itself
  • seaybl
    Options
    Buy the layers for it. I ride my bike just about everyday after work, it's not awful if you have the right things to do it. Would I rather it be 70 and sunny - absolutely. But if you do it now you've got a jump start on everyone else who is sitting around doing nothing!
  • Mist1981
    Mist1981 Posts: 145
    Options
    This is when I shop for my swimsuits, it helps so much! As a matter of fact Victoria Secret delivered me a package yesterday that I cannot wait to try on when I get home tonight. :) My other motivation is that I know if I start when summer gets here then I won't see the pay off until AFTER summer. It is definitely difficult though when it's super cold outside.
  • bandomom13
    bandomom13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Exercise on the WII or other game systems. Hula Hoop, jump rope, dance! Dont make excuses because its winter, make a commitment no matter what the temp.is.