Calories for juicing?

Options
For those that add fresh juice to their diet. Is there a way to enter this or do you just add the ingredients seperately (ie green apple, pear, kale, etc)? I do a juice for breakfast and then sometimes a green juice for an afternoon snack and want to make sure I am calculating it correctly. Thanks!!

Replies

• SailorSarah311
    SailorSarah311 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I make a new recipe for each juice that I make. You can add fresh fruit from juicing on the ingredient list. Example, homemade, juiced apple. Or something similar to that effect. If you drink the same juice again then you only have to find the item in your saved recipe section.
  • wjrapp
    wjrapp Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I make a new recipe for each juice that I make. You can add fresh fruit from juicing on the ingredient list. Example, homemade, juiced apple. Or something similar to that effect. If you drink the same juice again then you only have to find the item in your saved recipe section.

This ^^^ and I use recipes that I find on line...Fat, sick and nearly Dead...but I always check accuracy and for the potassium levels..many, many recipes and foods in the mfp don't include them. I use them daily...
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options

This ^^^ and I use recipes that I find on line...Fat, sick and nearly Dead...but I always check accuracy and for the potassium levels..many, many recipes and foods in the mfp don't include them. I use them daily...

OK, I will check for nutrition info online to make sure it's correct. I use the Hungry for Change recipes, but they don't list the nutrition. Thanks!
  • stephgas
    stephgas Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    i read that you should take the dietary fiber grams per serving and multiply them by 4, then subtract that from the calories per serving. dietary fiber has 4 calories per gram and, when you juice, you're basically pulling out the fiber. i took the fruits that i use most often (carrots, granny smith apples, swiss chard) and entered those into my foods. that way i can just choose each juiced fruit or veg that i drink each day.