Does the bad outweigh the good

Options
Most people consider oatmeal good for you. I like it but I only like the instant maple brown sugar flavored Quaker instant. I eat the high fiber one and i usually have 1 packet with breakfast in the morning. I have tried non flavored and added my own stuff to it, I have tried different brands but I just don't like them.

I like to eat the oatmeal with an egg and turkey sausage in the morning because it helps me feel full so I don't end up eating a bunch of other stuff.

So does the good parts of eating that kind of oatmeal outweigh the bad of the added sugar and other stuff that is in it? I tried the low sugar version and ended up throwing it out, it tasted like cardboard to me. I would rather eat smaller amounts of things I like than a lot of something that taste like crap.

Replies

• AvsFreak
    AvsFreak Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    As long as you aren't diabetic and it fits in your calories for the day, it's fine.
  • brwnsuga6
    brwnsuga6 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you. You can choose to eat smaller portions and to eat it on occasion instead of frequently. I believe that's the reason so many people fail at fad diets like the Adkins diet because it doesn't teach you to be accountable for what you're eating, just to avoid eating specific foods altogether. Now what's the discipline in that?
  • Selaen
    Selaen Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I think as long as you're healthy and the sugar in your diet isn't causing any issues, then why not! Besides, porridge is such a better alternative as compared to many other cereals that have so much more added sugar anyway.