Possible to slim calves?

My calves usually measure 15.5 ", and I've finally have been able to get some muscle shape to them, while they have always been pretty solid. What I was wondering, are there any exercises that might slim them up a bit?
Thanks
Jessica

Replies

• I hope someone answers this. I need help there. My calves are not fat but are big compaired to my ankles and thighs. It's pure muscle there.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    If it's fat you want to get rid of - no specific exercise will target fat in a specific area; you just have to lose fat in general with a calorie deficit, and hope it comes off where you want it to.

If it's muscle you want to get rid of - basically you have to let them atrophy a bit, by not exercising them over time. That's quite hard to do with calves, as you're always using them to walk around.
  • I have the same issue, mine are the same size.
    I talked to a few trainers at 2 different gyms (I did not keep going to either one. I know, I'm awful, lol)
    and they said that is one area that "is what it is"... You can tone, but it will probably always stay the same measurement.
    :(

If you learn anything contrary, please clue us in!

Best wishes!