lost 30 pounds, anyone?

Options
im looking to lose 30 pounds, im 5'2 155 pounds.
if anyone here has lost that weight or around it, and around my frame. please message me i'd like to know how you did it.

Replies

• Krecob
    Krecob Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I’m currently in pretty much the same boat! 5'2" 138.4 but when i started MFP I was 145 (Jan 20th this year). I’ve been watching what I eat sticking to a 1200-1500 calorie diet right now and trying to do a 750 to 1000 deficit. I bought the Fitbit! Love it I try to do 30-45 min of cardio a day! Once I’ve worked off the majority of my chub i plan on adding weights to begin toning! GW 115
    Good Luck!
  • fancycupcake
    fancycupcake Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and only 8 pounds down so far, but I can tell you exactly how to lose 30 pounds.

Diet.

Exercise.

Boom!

Okay, all joking aside, as far as diet goes, read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12 It explains how many calories you should REALLY be eating for the healthiest way to lose weight. It may not be the fastest, it may kick-start your loss, it all depends (we are all different!). The only way to know if it works for you is to try it, and I highly recommend it.

As for exercising, yes, we all know running on the treadmill is the most boring thing in the universe. Have you considered weight lifting? I've only been doing it a week and I already see a change in my body. Go ahead and poke around nerdfitness.com Here are a couple articles to get you warmed up to weightlifting:

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2010/02/15/how-to-build-your-own-workout-routine/

Follow something for a few weeks before deciding if it works for you. Your body may not respond right away, and might have to get used to it. Don't obsessively check the scale. Just stick with some healthy habits and over time, you'll see a change.
  • Tootce01
    Tootce01 Posts: 184
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and 3/4" (always got to add that in!) I started MFP at the beginning of the year at 160, I've lost 11lbs. Logging my calories has really helped me out, I changed my macros to higher protein/good fat and less carbs which I find easier for me. I am also on level 2, day 9 of the 30 day shred, I am not seeing a big change in my body yet, hoping soon! My goal weight is 120, maybe a little less??

Would love to see 30lb results too, especially those around 5'2"!
  • Prettymisssparkles
    Prettymisssparkles Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Hi, I don't really have advice but I am also 5'2 with pretty much the same goals. Add me if you would like :) Would love to have more friends with similar goals. I log in every day and have an open diary. Lost 5 pounds so far and it's been like 15 days.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and only 8 pounds down so far, but I can tell you exactly how to lose 30 pounds.

Diet.

Exercise.

Boom!

Okay, all joking aside, as far as diet goes, read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12 It explains how many calories you should REALLY be eating for the healthiest way to lose weight. It may not be the fastest, it may kick-start your loss, it all depends (we are all different!). The only way to know if it works for you is to try it, and I highly recommend it.

As for exercising, yes, we all know running on the treadmill is the most boring thing in the universe. Have you considered weight lifting? I've only been doing it a week and I already see a change in my body. Go ahead and poke around nerdfitness.com Here are a couple articles to get you warmed up to weightlifting:

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2010/02/15/how-to-build-your-own-workout-routine/

Follow something for a few weeks before deciding if it works for you. Your body may not respond right away, and might have to get used to it. Don't obsessively check the scale. Just stick with some healthy habits and over time, you'll see a change.
    I'm 5'6"... I've done 30 lbs a few times over. The stuff above is how I did it. Works like a champ.
  • veronica341972
    Options
    HI! I just lost 32 pounds and am currently on a 1200 calorie diet. I workout at least 5 times a week for 20-45 minutes. I am 5"4 and weighed 174 pounds and am down to 142. My goal is 125. I have six children, am 41, so know that you all are going to do well in losing because everyone I spoke with pretty much told me that it would take a much longer time to lose the weight because of all the baby weight and the age factor. You have to be committed.................I began my diet plan on November 4th of 2012. THe last few pounds will be harder but am staying strong. Another reason I needed to really lose the weight as quickly as possible was my uncontrolled hypertension which was very high and erratic even on meds. Now I am on a very low dose of only one. YOU CAN DO IT!!
  • Elif84
    Elif84 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I lost 35 pounds and still going. I did it by old fashioned exercise and watching what I eat. I try to eat less processed/packaged foods and focused on lean proteins (fish, chicken, egg whites etc) and fruits and veggies; greek yogurt, almonds, celery and hummus for snacks. I'm so used to eating this way, it's now a life style. Best of luck!!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    It's pretty much the same thing when you lose 5 lbs or 40 lbs, and whatever your frame size. Have a moderate calorie deficit (smaller as you approach your goal) through diet and/or exercise. Don't give up.
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2'' and I've gone from 178 to 122-125 (depending on the day).

It's all diet and exercise.
    80% diet and 20% exercise.
  • eyeshuh
    eyeshuh Posts: 333
    Options
    I am 5'3" and down 36lbs.

How I did it: I ate slightly less calories than I expended during the day, I stayed above my BMR, and if I exercised, I fueled it with more food instead of being afraid to eat.

Only 6lbs away from my goal and still losing like a champ! :)
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and I started out in July of last year 196, I joined here in Aug at 186 and I'm now 126. That's 70 lbs :) I'm 1 lb to goal. And how did I do this. I ate right (clean) exercised until I was standing in a pool of sweat (at first 3 to 4 days a week) then to 5 to 6 days a week. You can do it, if you really want it
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11 and am fluctuating between 27 and 29lbs gone so far, still wanting to lose maybe another 10, but I don't have a goal weight in my head...
    I've been pretty consistent at about 1550 calories a day, I don't usually don't eat my exercise calories back because I'm working off of the TDEE-20%...although some days I do eat some of them back. And some days I eat way more, but oh well!

I posted this a couple of weeks ago when I hit my one-year MFP anniversary...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/876594-367-days-ago-sorry-no-bikini-pics
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I started at 208 and am now 145. So that's 63lbs total

I pretty much just use MFP like it's designed. I stay within my calories, I eat my exercise calories back (or at least try to). I have "free days" and I didn't cut anything out.

I do much better with specific questions so feel free to ask and I'll be happy to share what worked for me. Add me as a friend if you'd like too!
  • iampanda
    iampanda Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3", and I also started around 155 lbs. I lost 36 lbs. I exercised regularly, and tried to switch up my workouts from time to time. I slowly started cleaning up my diet, and weeded out "junk" a little at a time, while incorporating healthier foods. I ate most of my exercise calories, because I am very active and found it necessary to keep up my energy. Toward the end, when the pounds were a little more stubborn, I did calorie cycling. That worked very well. I didn't do full-on "cheat days", because it lead to binging. If I was going to a BBQ or something, I just ate reasonably and didn't worry about the calories and did a little extra exercise. I didn't have unrealistic expectations for my weight loss- I knew it wasn't going to come off in 2 weeks. So I just kept plugging along, even when I didn't lose anything for a week. I hope that helps! Good luck!
  • kuderstadt
    kuderstadt Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I started MFP after my 4th son, I was 158, and then climbed to 161.

I started watching everything I was putting in my mouth, carefully.

I try to incorporate exercise into my daily life, tobogganing with the kids, snowshoeing as a family. I can't get to a gym, it's just not feasible at this stage of my life, but the weight is coming off.

I would have to agree with the pp who said it's 80% diet and 20% exercise (for me, this is true, may not be for others...)

I'm 5'4.5", currently 127.

I think you really just need to get your head in a good space and focus. That's my take on the whole weight loss thing...
  • kellymiller23
    Options
    I am also working to lose 30 lbs. I started MFP on January 28 (3 1/2 weeks ago) and have lost 10 lbs. so far. I think the key for me has been more food-related than exercise. I plan EVERYTHING I eat the day before, and enter it into my food diary in advance. I eat fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, lean protein, and drink 6-8 glasses of water a day. No sugar, soda, cereal, dairy, pasta, potatoes, white bread, or any processed food. I try and eat 1200 calories a day but usually come in around 1100. I walk for 30 minutes about 3-5 times a week. Wishing you the best of luck!
  • dianasmiles
    Options
    you look amazing :) thanks for the reply
  • squinz
    squinz Posts: 136
    Options
    Me! Add me if you like. I just exercise and eat less and log!! :)
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I am just over 5'2" and started out at 162#. I was down to 124# but got lazy and quit exercising (although I did continue to eat 1200 calories) and gained a good amount back. I even stated noticing my jeans were getting tight, but I'd just put yoga pants on. Now I am back to trying to get down to my goal weight. I did it with diet and exercise. I walked for the first 10# only 4 miles 4 times a week and then I started doing the Wii active sports games. I have a three year old at home with me all day and my husband and I work opposite shifts (I'm afternoons) so going to the gym does not fit into my equation unless I went at 11pm. I am doing the 30 day shred now and the Wii biggest loser challenge. I am going the hard level and I usually burn 200 calories after 24-28 minutes. Instead of taking all of the water breaks they do on the game, I jog in place during that time. Same with the exercise transitions, I keep moving until the next exercise starts.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!