How do you satisfy your cravings/snacking on the go?

Options
I'm a university student so I'm always running between lectures etc
Lately, I've been stressed with work so I have been snacking on crisps, chocolate, quick pasta dishes etc to keep me going.

Can anyone recommend any good things to snack on that are quick and easy and can be carried around?

Thanks!

Replies

• Sabine321
    Sabine321 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Fruits, veggies, nuts, dried fruits, protein bar, trail mix. Or get a little lunch box and pack some yoghurt, cheese cubes, or string cheese. That's what I usually carry around. I always got something in my purse or back pack.
  • alondrasilva10
    Options
    They have little 90 calorie snack bags at the store (walmart, target, etc). I take those and with me and also some fruit. Sometimes I take pistachios with me (w/o salt).
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I'm a university student so I'm always running between lectures etc
    Lately, I've been stressed with work so I have been snacking on crisps, chocolate, quick pasta dishes etc to keep me going.

Can anyone recommend any good things to snack on that are quick and easy and can be carried around?

Thanks!

Definitely. Healthier dry cereals in a baggie. Chocolate mini shredded wheats are helpful. Nature valley bars are higher in calories but seem to be a bit more wholesome-their protein bars are delicious. Whole wheat crackers that are low calorie. Slice of whole grain bread with a few teaspoons of peanut butter, folded in half and put in a baggie (great energy source and I usually bring a few of these with me). Also, the oatmeal banana cookies posted on here a while back. Instant oats and banana mashed together with add ins of your choice, baked and portioned into little bites. They are WONDERFUL for on the go days. More like..."chewy cakes" than cookies though. If you need more tips, please feel free to add.
  • LisasRoadtolosing100lbs
    Options
    I love cheese sticks. I also carry non-bruising fruits with me and WATER! I wouldn't manage without my lunch box. I pack it in the morning with fruits veggies and usually Peanutbutter.
    Try Sugar free hard candies... they are low calorie and melt in your month so you can't eat the bad things. I also keep gum. Anything to stop me from looking to put something in my month.
  • IAmKellOnWheels
    IAmKellOnWheels Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I choose a Luna Protein Bar in Cookies and Cream. So good...170 cals and 12g of protein! Keeps me full and sidelines that chocolate craving.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    protein bars, protein powder, nuts, seeds, instant oatmeal if you have access to hot water, baby carrots, apples, bananas, oranges, ww crackers, rice cakes with a tbsp or two of nut butter, dry cereal, popcorn, or dry roasted edamame.