Cheer me up please

Options
I've been doing really well so far this week with logging, and exercising.....and then this morning I slipped and fell in my kitchen and landed on my right knee. I drove to work and it seemed ok, but once I stepped out of the car it hurt to put weight on it. I've had ice on it off and on all day but it's still pretty swollen.

I'm hoping it will just take a few days to go back to normal.

Replies

• Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    My mom broke her ankle without knowing it. If it doesn't get better, see the doctor! :flowerforyou:
  • tracygolden
    tracygolden Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hope all is well......:flowerforyou:
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    :smile: ***BIG HUGS***:smile:
  • SRT4twg
    SRT4twg Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    This is one of my fears, that I will hurt myself and not be able to work out :( I hope you feel better soon!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Markwells01
    Options
    Hey.....When I had my knee operated on, I too was unable to do "normal" excercise for some weeks....so use this as an opportunity to bash the top half of your body with free weights, Kettle Bells, Isometrics, Core work and Upper body strengthening. You would be surprised how hard this can be....get advice from your instructors though...!

As for your knee...rest, ice packs and the doctors if it does not improve.

Good Luck
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    AARRGGHHH!!! last year I fell on ice and hurt my shoulder. I could still exercise but... I was pissed off. Now I am a lot more careful as it took a long time to get better (I am 53). If it does not get better - see a doc
  • katmumn
    katmumn Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    It's a bit better today, not as swollen. It looks like I fell right on the kneecap probably, as that's where it's the darkest shade of purple. Walking is easier today, stairs are still tough.

I did manage to walk the dog last night so that's something. I'm going to try walking again tonight.

Thanks all for the well wishes.