How much sleep?

Options
How much sleep do each of you get? I feel like since I've started eating better and working out more, I HAVE to have at least 8 hours of sleep. I used to be fine on less, but now I have been finding myself sleeping through my alarm clock or being completely exhausted if I don't get at least 8 hours! I kind of miss being able to occassionally sleep less and still be fine throughout the day.

Replies

• melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I get 8-9 hours of sleep every night. I love my sleep! Needless to say, I dont have any children yet. So, I am sure that will change one day ;)
  • staplebug
    Options
    No children yet either...and no full time job! So I'm enjoying at least 8 hours a night. In college, I averaged 6 hours a night. I feel much better on more sleep and more exercise! :)
  • om3guz
    om3guz Posts: 48
    Options
    I need at least 7 hours of sleep to be fully awake and productive during the day. Most days I get 5 - 6 hours of sleep (during the workweek). In the weekends, I tend to sleep too much. I've always had problems with consistently getting enough sleep, formerly because of insomnia and now because of a busy schedule of work and school.
  • mrspinky85
    mrspinky85 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am a full time college student with a one year old son and married. I get sometimes 7 hours but I think I have insomnia because no matter how much sleep I get it doesn't seem like it is enough. I believe once I get back into a normal workout I can get more rest. I need much help in this area.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I never get enough sleep whether or not I'm working out. I am an 8 hour girl and if left to my own devices I'd probably sleep 9 or 10. . .buuuuut. I have a full time job, I have 5 kids (3 still in the house & school) I serve my church and I have a home and hubby to care for. So, I usually get 6.5-7 hours on weekdays. :-(
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    6-8 hours is ideal.

Less than 6 causes a whole host problems for your health. More than 8 is not good either. You end up feeling tired much of the time; seems odd but it's true.
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    6-8 hours is ideal.

Less than 6 causes a whole host problems for your health. More than 8 is not good either. You end up feeling tired much of the time; seems odd but it's true.
    I have actually recently heard an article (of course I can't remember from where) that the average adult needs more than 8 hours of sleep. Ill google around a bit and see if I can find it.
  • tisha_rae
    tisha_rae Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I wish I got more - but thru the week I average about 5 1/2 to 6 hours a night....

Not sure why - but I've heard it said a lot that at least 8 hours aids in weight loss, also that the older we get the less we need.

I love my lazy Sundays I feel like I "catch up" then. :)
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    6/7 most nights but 8/9 on weekends or non gym mornings.

Fighting a cold right now so trying to sleep as much as I can.
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    How much sleep do each of you get? I feel like since I've started eating better and working out more, I HAVE to have at least 8 hours of sleep. I used to be fine on less, but now I have been finding myself sleeping through my alarm clock or being completely exhausted if I don't get at least 8 hours! I kind of miss being able to occassionally sleep less and still be fine throughout the day.
    Working out uses your body in ways you might not be used to and yes, that can be exhausting...your body is probably tired and adjusting. Also, if you cut out foods or watching what you eat more, maybe your caffenine or sugar is lower and not giving you spikes that used to make you feel more awake.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    9 hourse mandatory

Otherwise I turn into a big Crankster.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I have a toddler and a 6 month old...I know not of this sleep you speak of...

This pretty much sums up sleep for me...

1360002787_daughter_nshot.gif
  • wannatangle
    wannatangle Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    8 or 9 hours....usually closer to 8.
  • CJforMe
    Options
    Well I'm glad to see that everybody either gets 8 hours of sleep, or WISHES they got 8 hours of sleep :)

I guess I still miss my days from college when 6 hours of sleep felt like a lifetime!