help me with lunch!

Options
fitinyoga14
fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
i have some plain cooked quinoa in the fridge right now that i would like to use in a lunch later on this week. i also have a pretty wide array of fresh veggies, herbs, sauces, and dressings. does anyone have any ideas of what i can add or pair with this quinoa that would make an easy lunch? i would prefer a no cook idea. thanks!

Replies

• spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Options
    Add some thawed (even steamed in micro) edamame beans. I am not sure where you are located but you can get them at Price Club or Costco, our grocer has them in freezer packs. I toss them with left over grains and add either a Sweet/hot/sour type sauce for interest. You could add other steamed veggies. I have even eaten these combos cold and warm. You could also take all of these items and roll them in rice paper or wraps. What nutritional bang for your buck! I do not eat fish but the rice papers can be found wherever sushi is served in the grocers. If you google the Food Network Trish Magwood has some excellent recipes for authentic low fat sauces and more in depth instructions for the rice papers. The rice paer things are really easy and impressive there is no fat or bulk to them.
  • MegKat
    MegKat Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Last night my friend and I made quinoa and topped it with black beans, tomatoes, corn, cilantro, onion. And then we topped it with a greek style yogurt, it was really good.
  • ccgisme
    ccgisme Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I would think a simple vinaigrette along with veggies and herbs of your choice would make a great cold salad. Peas and thyme work well together. You could also add some sort of fruit - raisins, craisins, dried cherries, etc. Even nuts. The contents of the vinaigrette will influence your veggie choices. Regardless, you'll probably want to finely dice the veggies. Good luck!
  • ccgisme
    ccgisme Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Last night my friend and I made quinoa and topped it with black beans, tomatoes, corn, cilantro, onion. And then we topped it with a greek style yogurt, it was really good.

scratch what I said, this sounds better. :laugh: