Has anyone tried insanity????

Options
I am interested in attempting to incorporate insanity as my workout regime. Has anyone tried it and has anyone gotten the results that they want???? Someone please let me know. $120.00 is alot of money to spend but if it will help me get back in shape I will defintely spend it...

Replies

• Ash_Diya
    Options
    There are some Insanity training videos in youtube. Check those out first , see if you like it. Also I read a lot of good reviews in MFP about insanity. It does wonders to your body if you follow it.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    It really depends on how much effort you put into it. If you give it your all everyday, your results will be good at the end. If you don't give it your all, it will show on day 63. That being said, you have to be realistic about your goals. At the end of one round, you won't look like the women on the infomercial (it probably takes several rounds), but you WILL be in the best shape of your life. When I did Insanity, I didn't lose any weight. However, I did gain a fair amount of muscle and my core tightened up. Also, my endurance and stamina increased ten-fold.
  • tlkrallman
    Options
    I'm 2 weeks in, and it totally lives up to it's name. The work outs are crazy intense, your muscles will be sorer then you've ever felt them, your clothes will be drenched with sweat. In 2 weeks I've only lost 1.3 pounds, but I've lost 8 inches. :bigsmile: Which is enough reason for me to keep going. I'm so excited to see the end results. I completed the 2nd Fit Test last night and I was soaked with sweat and breathing just as hard as day 1, but I have definitely increased my overall health. I say GO FOR IT!
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I am interested in attempting to incorporate insanity as my workout regime. Has anyone tried it and has anyone gotten the results that they want???? Someone please let me know. $120.00 is alot of money to spend but if it will help me get back in shape I will defintely spend it...

I am in my last week and its been great. I've lost 1 lb per week on average and it has great improved my core strength, athleticism, and flexibility. If you haven't been working out long it will give you strength gains as well. You can read my review here:

http://www.homefitnessextreme.com/reviews/insanity-review/
  • ashleey1000
    ashleey1000 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I wanna start it in April. It was too much for me when I tried in Jan but it seems to be a good investment.
  • nanook37
    nanook37 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    If you search around youtube you can find video of people doing the workout - I don't recommend following the workouts that way but you might get and idea if you want to spend the money - I did Insanity for 2 weeks and I really like it but my arches and knees did not. So I switched over to Rushfit and that is better for me right now.
  • hastinbe
    hastinbe Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I had the same results as YoungDoc2B, but from his pics I can tell neither of us were really overweight when we started this program. I grew a new muscle after doing Insanity for about 4 months, the tibialis anterior muscle sticks out like crazy now.

Before you decide to buy take a look in your local classifieds, I've seen Insanity go for $40.
  • LosingWeight4Purpose
    Options
    I actually just started and am on Day 4. It has help me get my eating back on track, record my food intake on here, and stay w/in my calories. By doing this, I've already loss 6.4 lbs. The workouts are very intense and I have to modify some, but I give it my all. You will be dog tired after you are done, but you will love it when you are finish. I agree with hatinebe.. check around before you purchase. Someone you know might already have it and can sale it to you for a lesser price.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Insanity is designed to make you exhausted and little else. It's good cardio, but attempts to mix "strength" training into it to little effect. Good rule of thumb is not to mix cardio with strength training in the same session, as you lose some of the benefits of both.
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Look around for a cheaper price. I bought mine on craigslist for $50. It's a good workout. I know a lot of people that have lost weight/inches on it. I'm on Wk2 Month 2. I haven't lost any weight but I have lost a few inches. My eating isn't 100% so that could be why I'm seeing less results as some. It's a good cardio workout for sure.
  • ashleey1000
    ashleey1000 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    There r also insanity torrents u can download. U can pretty much download any workout DVD.
  • Mbrownie84
    Mbrownie84 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I started week 6 yesterday, oh man, Shaun T is not messing around in month 2! I hit a wall last week, but I believe due to overtraining and not paying attention to proper eating. I am back on this week and was ready for Day 1 of Month 2.

I was getting unmotivated because even though I FEEL so much stronger (and am, a long day snowboarding was enough to prove that this program is getting results where I want them), I actually gained a few pounds the first month. My friend has completed the Insanity 60 day challenge and the same thing happened to her, she motivated me with her before and after pics and said that her results started SHOWING in month 2. So just stick with it!

I was wondering, for those who have completed it, it looks like it is possible to share the dvds with friends while doing the workouts since Month 1 dvds all appear to be different than Month 2 (besides the Fit Test and Recovery Week dvd repeating). Does this seem accurate? My friends are interested in trying the program before they buy so I was thinking I could loan them month 1 since I am not on month 2. Has anyone else done this? Thanks for any info and good luck!
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I started week 6 yesterday, oh man, Shaun T is not messing around in month 2! I hit a wall last week, but I believe due to overtraining and not paying attention to proper eating. I am back on this week and was ready for Day 1 of Month 2.

I was getting unmotivated because even though I FEEL so much stronger (and am, a long day snowboarding was enough to prove that this program is getting results where I want them), I actually gained a few pounds the first month. My friend has completed the Insanity 60 day challenge and the same thing happened to her, she motivated me with her before and after pics and said that her results started SHOWING in month 2. So just stick with it!

I was wondering, for those who have completed it, it looks like it is possible to share the dvds with friends while doing the workouts since Month 1 dvds all appear to be different than Month 2 (besides the Fit Test and Recovery Week dvd repeating). Does this seem accurate? My friends are interested in trying the program before they buy so I was thinking I could loan them month 1 since I am not on month 2. Has anyone else done this? Thanks for any info and good luck!

You need to look at the schedule because I think 1 or 2 of the videos for month 2 are on the same dvds as month 1. I have to look at that as well because I'm doing it at work with co-workers but my husband wants me to bring it home for him to start. I don't think I can though because some dvd's have 2 workouts on them.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options

The only DVD's that carry over from month 1 into month 2 are "Core cardio & Balance and "Cardio Abs". However, many people substitute Max Interval Sports Training for CC&B in month 2, and Insane abs for Cardio abs because they give a better workout. Atleast, this was the case for me when I did Insanity. With that being said,lending out the month 1 DVD's will be no problem.