SQUATTING IN HIGH HEELS IS DANGEROUS!

Options

Replies

• scottdeeby
    scottdeeby Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Stop spreading misinformation and falsehoods. Men have been squatting in heels for centuries, you're just not comfortable with your body-image like I am, I'm not going to stop wearing heels just because you said. It's good for you balance, like a bosu ball. Bosu balls are for *kitten*, btw.
  • JanineHarrison
    JanineHarrison Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I WILL DO ANYTHING IN HEELS
    ANYTHING.

Haha! :wink:

Squating in heels (or with your heels raised in some fashion, like with a roll mat under your heels) isn't that foreign of a concept.. it works slightly different groups of muscles. However, using heavy weight in combination with it does NOT sound very safe. If you want to squat in heels, stick to your body weight or light weights.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I ripped my knee up squatting in heels at my desk trying to throw out a cupcake wrapper...I blame the cupcake.
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I saw a pic of some ditz doing that. That is just terrifying! The thought of the heel of the shoe breaking is bad enough, but rolling the ankle... Yikes! I did that in flats getting out of my car in the rain and was in a boot for a month. I still get out of my car extra carefully.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Golly gee! Thanks so much! I've been doing it wrong ALL this time.
  • Wickedbookworm1977
    Options
    you mean like this?

21lu90i.jpg

Really? It looks like she's about to pitch forward if she loses focus. Who thought THIS ^^^^ was a good idea?
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    high heals offer way to stable of a platform to get a good core workout. What you need to use is a swiss ball

ball-squat.jpg
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Since no one else has posted it...

beat me to it

Me too. Sad panda.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    you mean like this?

21lu90i.jpg

I need someone to help me with my hair, so the ponytail lays nicely over the bar, instead of pinned under the bar making moving my head impossible.
  • jimmie65
    jimmie65 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I've never had any issues squatting in high heels.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    high heals offer way to stable of a platform to get a good core workout. What you need to use is a swiss ball

ball-squat.jpg

OMG, I just clenched every muscle in my body with fear...
  • ellesoul
    ellesoul Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Do people really squat heavy in high heels? Really? I'm a fairly regular heel wearer, and I cannot imagine putting a bar loaded with weights onto my back and squatting in heels!

Sadly, yes - I've seen pictures.

I couldn't imagine it - honestly. I used to squat in regular fitness shoes (with extra padding in the heels) and found myself feeling unstable. So I got a pair of Chuck Taylor's and now feel great!

The image of someone rolling their ankle's just made mine start aching. Great - thanks.

I'm going to try this in my Chucks. I'm having a hard time keeping my balance on Bulgarian split squats.

chucks work well for lifting! :love: i use my vibrams
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Thank god I read this. And, not a moment too soon !
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Okay who else thought of this movie?

screen-shot-2012-05-11-at-1-14-02-pm.png

I tried NOT to think of this movie ever again

I dont even squat in shoes
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options

ball-squat.jpg

Now that's a quality fitness routine.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    OK THANK YOU.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    All I can imagine is a chick with 100+ lbs on the bar at the bottom of the squat and her rolling her ankle inward. BOOM PAIN! Oh god my palms are sweating just thinking about it.

I just hyperventilated.

No. Just no.
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    Options

ball-squat.jpg

Now that's a quality fitness routine.

*chanting* POP! POP! POP!
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Half the time I'm not even fully dressed when I workout. (workout at home)
    So...I never wear shoes to workout in.
  • EjaneK11
    EjaneK11 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Why would anyone think that it is okay to squat in heels? Why would you even want too???