Runners - Can we be friends?

Options
Hi all,

I just started My Fitness Pal to lose some 'grief weight' that I gained after my mother passed away in March. Eating healthier has really inspired me to start running again. Running has always been something I loved to do...but with kids, grad school, etc., I just let it slip away from me. After eating healthier, I decided to also get back on track with runs.

I am starting out again - but I've noticed I'm pretty rusty. My times are not great, but I'm building my endurance up again.

A little about me - I'm a 30 year old mom of three and a full time graduate student. I have a hectic and busy schedule, and I'm re-learning how to carve out some time for myself!

I would love to add some fellow runners as friends for inspiration. Let me know if you're up for a new friend.

Thanks!

Replies

• pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner too. After a 13 year break (raising kids), I started running again last May for the same reasons as you. I completed Tough Mudder in September and my first half marathon in November. I reduced running a little over the holidays due to bad weather and other obligations but am getting back into it for the 2013 running season. I plan to run at least four half marathons and one full marathon this year and complete Tough Mudder again.
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I was a cross country runner in school, but stopped running when I went away to university. I started running again about a year ago (once I was down to a manageable weight) and it feels sooooooooooo good to be running again. I ran my first 5km since high school back in the fall and have a bunch of races lined up for this year. I run 100 kms/month (usually three 5kms and one 10kms runs per week).
  • amandat_79
    amandat_79 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I'm a 33 year old mom of 3 and I have just started running in the past 6 weeks. I'm training for my first 5K in April and then a 10K in August. I've been able to run for 5kms once so far and once it gets easier I'm going to start trying to get my time down :)
  • dieKriegerin77
    Options
    I run, and would love to meet other like-minded folks. I run 3-4 days a week (interval training, too). My workouts are generally between 3.5-6 miles. Looking to add miles (and hopefully speed).
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Sure, add me too! I'm a mom of 3 and have been running for a couple of years now. :)
  • aldousmom
    aldousmom Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner!! :) Add me!
  • Txracy
    Txracy Posts: 78
    Options
    I'm also a 30 year old mom (of 4 kids), and I am also rusty. I used to run, and then after going through the drama of buying my first house and moving, getting settled, etc. I just kind of put exercise and running on the back burner and just started up again this week, and man am I rusty! My times are horrible, my endurance is gone, and I feel so out of shape.

I signed up for a 5K in June, hoping that will motivate me to whip myself back into shape :)
  • rgrstetson
    rgrstetson Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you'd like! I run, man do I enjoy it!
  • sidegrinder
    sidegrinder Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm easing back into running, just waiting for the weather to cooperate :/ Feel free to add me!
  • HealthyFocused715
    HealthyFocused715 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Add me too! I have been a runner off and on through the years. Right now, it's an "off" phase and would like to get recommitted. Hoping to a run a 5K or two this spring and I just committed to a half marathon for the fall. I just recently moved to a new state and have not found someone to run with and my husband is anti-running so I have been on my own - Would love to have some support and motivation!
  • lexismom1003
    lexismom1003 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am a mom of 2 and quickly approaching the age that begins with a 4! I got back into running last spring but have not been as committed since the weather has been cold. I am looking to get back to consistently running as I am scheduled for my first 10k in May! My goal is the Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon in February 2014 in celebration of the big 4-0!
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Just signed up for my first race of the year, the Brooklyn half marathon in May. Add me if you like, any and all
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    I want to be a runner. I am researching the C25K program, am a novice at running (other than soccer in HS & college) and am looking for advice and support. And me if you please.
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I want to be a runner. I am researching the C25K program, am a novice at running (other than soccer in HS & college) and am looking for advice and support. And me if you please.

Feel free to add me. I am on Week 4, Day 3 of C25K. It's a lot of fun! (I hated running, so this is significant.)

The NHS has the best website I've seen on C25K: http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/c25k/Pages/couch-to-5k.aspx#close

Here's the main C25K site: http://c25k.com/

Here is a MFP Group for C25K: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/30-couch-to-5k-running-program-c25k
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Im an obsessed runner... feel free to add
  • PollyWolly98
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have 2 young kids and have been running since August 2012. I try to run around 12 miles a week, but sometime life gets in the way and I can't do as much as I would like.
  • Happylady123
    Happylady123 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I, too, am a runner. I just completed my first half marathon (2:01:45). I would love to be friends with more runners if you are interested. Thanks!
  • reggie2run
    reggie2run Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    :smile: I'm a runner as well.

Have completed two Halfs and registered for my third Half in May. Training begins this weekend!!
    Over the years, I've also run other races varying in distance from 8km to 10 miles.

Feel free to add me.
  • Melissa26point2
    Melissa26point2 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I am also a runner, a busy Mom, and someone who knows how it is to lose her Mom. Mine passed 3 years ago. Feel free to add me :) making time for you is the best thing for everyone in your family. when you are happy, you can make everyone else happy. I learned that on my journey
  • xprettyreckless
    xprettyreckless Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love to run.

I'd be happy for any runners to add me!