Fitness Pals in Ontario and Alberta Canada

Options
I am visiting Ontario, Canada soon and would like to view scenic areas. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    What does that have to do with Alberta?
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

You shush! She's only asking those silly Canadians, not us Americans.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    I like to go site seeing in El Paso when I'm up around Dallas too...
  • _noob_
    Options
    I would think Alberta would be awesome with the Rockies there, but I personally would just cruise the lakes in Ontario if it were me.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Evansville is right up there with South Bend when it comes to scenery.
  • _DaniD_
    Options

SHE'S LYING! I'm not an American.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Alberta: Banff and the mountains are the best places to go, forget the rest.
  • _noob_
    Options

geographical discrepencies notwithstanding...YOU LIVE IN EDMONTON, HELP THIS GIRL OUT!!!!!
  • rokinrho
    rokinrho Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Niagara Falls of course.
    Kingston, Picton, Bay of Quinte area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • _DaniD_
    Options

geographical discrepencies notwithstanding...YOU LIVE IN EDMONTON, HELP THIS GIRL OUT!!!!!

I don't get why she is asking for help from people who live in Alberta when she is visiting Ontario.
  • hph442
    hph442 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Drumheller, AB has some dinosaur museums you can visit.
  • dani_doing_it
    dani_doing_it Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I just moved from Ontario to Alberta; where in Ontario are you going? It's a big place :)
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Drumheller, AB has some dinosaur museums you can visit.

Oh yeah, there too. And you can go hike around the hoodoos for exercise.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    How 'bout we turn it around and ask where you're travelling FROM? Just to get an idea what you're used to for scale.

Ontario is big...

All but a small part of Ontario's 2,700 km (1,677 mi) border with the United States ..... that's just the southern part of the province bordering our neighbours to the south
    total area of the province is
    Total 1,076,395 km2 (415,598 sq mi)

while
    Great Britain is
    Area 229,848 km2 (88,744.8 sq mi)[1] oh what's that? a little over 20% the size?

Really DO mean to be helpful here so... what rough area of Ontario are you going to?
    If you're going to be in Sudbury area there's a mine tour you can do, great scenery but you'll be 4 hours north of Toronto, not quite an afternoon jaunt being 8 hours return trip.
    London ontario is about 2 hours from Toronto
    St catherines / niagara falls area is about 75 minutes from Toronto...if you don't get caught in traffic
    Kingston is 2 hours east of Toronto

If you're heading to Ottawa that's 4.5 hours out of Toronto... kingston is between them so 2.5 hours from Ottawa.

Ottawa - London would be 6.5 hours
    Ottawa - Sudbury is a 5 hour trip on a TOTALLY different route than covered so far

oh and Sudbury is only say midway through the province...
    Sault Ste Marie and Thunder Bay are 3 hours for Sault from Sudbury and 12 hours from Sudbury...

Hopefully that gives you some idea that coming to "Ontario" isn't necessarily going to lead you to a lot of potential places to visit..

Toronto has tons of scenery, and depending on time of year attractions
    Ottawa has the Parliament buildings and some great pedestrian only areas
    Sudbury has the mine, the big nickel and other attractions
    London, well I can't recall what London has as I was only there long enough to pick up my car.
    St catherines you're right near the falls so you'd have to see them
    90 minutes or so from Toronto there's Peterborough with the "worlds largest hydraulic liftlock" and a canoe museum
    Kingston and en route to there are some rather amazing views...
    Point Pelee is something amazing especially if you get there during migration season for the birds...

I can list more attractions for a given area once i've got a bit more of a narrowed in area you plan to visit.
  • serofex
    serofex Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm in Edmonton... I suggest the badlands and the rockies as an obvious Alberta destination, but it's pretty nice up north as well, if you avoid the oil patch... don't drink the water though!

And I have to say, don't go to Guzoo Animal Farm in Three Hills, Alberta. It's on a lot of tourist sites but it is a terrible place that needs to be shut down and doesn't deserve support.