What (who) annoys you at the gym?

Options

Replies

• justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options
    The woman who brings her own little personal fan to aim at her on the cardio equipment. Oh and the woman who hides out in the locker room eating little debbie treats. That one about floored me. Really?? It's a gym...
  • Heitor71
    Heitor71 Posts: 224
    Options
    There is a lady who does abs EVERY SINGLE DAY for about 45 minutes. She might be 5'1 and weight 80lbs or so...and aggressive with anyone in her way.... There is also a group of seniors who do not do anything but flirt with one another. I never cared about it but, it's been 8 weeks and is getting on my nerves!!
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    The guy in speedo like shorts with chicken legs, no butt, big arms, big chest, and a big neck, not so much that he looks disturbing but that he grunts, moans, and throws down his weights.
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Or, the obnoxious grunts and screams when doing weights :S

lmao this.
    Like--
    why do I need to hear your exaggerated grunts over my music ??
    So unnecessary.
  • crossfit_lover
    crossfit_lover Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Honestly? Guys who are already ridiculously ripped and continue to do weight and chisel. They're disproportionate and can't fun worth crap but hang out doing bicep curls...come on dude!
  • hph442
    hph442 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    People that make really, loud unusual noises.
  • AmazonRDH
    AmazonRDH Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    so i used to go to LA Fitness, the treadmills are upstairs overlooking the weight lifting area, and there were always these bleach blonde girls dressed in stripper clothes........ and i mean the tank tops with the "slit" between the boobs to show implant cleavage, 6-inch fake nails and tons of makeup, who would just walk around and never actually pick up a weight or use a machine. I used to just watch the show while I was running, it was sooooo entertaining. ---as a disclaimer i have bleach blonde hair and fake boobs, but i go to the gym in baggy sweats and no makeup SO THERE. :wink: (I'm sure all the guys are wondering where this LA Fitness is..........LOL)
  • wildcatnyc
    wildcatnyc Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Not using a towel or wiping down the machines after use...nobody wants to sit in your @ss sweat. Towels are free at my gym, so there's no excuse.
  • war1575
    war1575 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Nude walkers in the locker room. It seems like every decade older you get, the more comfortable you are with less clothing. Grampa, stop shaving with your balls on the sink and put some clothes on.

I'm usually cool with someone working in on a machine that I'm using, but don't change the weight, change the handles on the cable and move everything around. If you want to use the cables to do back, and I'm doing triceps; you're gonna have to wait.
  • mesicali_chica
    mesicali_chica Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    The only thing that bothers me right now is this group of the same 3 guys who will stand around various machine; not using the machines just standing around them not allowing anyone else to use them.

this...
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    The old man last Sunday that was staring at me on a machine and then started trying to convince me to use a different machine WTF leave me alone.
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Also the lady that was walking around naked in the locker room with a huge BUTTerfly covering her rear, and got mad at me when she caught me looking. . It was huge and weird and I couldnt look away
  • navywendy00
    Options
    I can't stand the women who walk around and act like they are better then everyone else. Oh, snd the chick yesterday that went into the steam room in a g string and bra with half her who ha showing...ewww!
  • justgowithit17
    justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    i just hate when all the ellipticals and stair steppers are taken and i have to use some weird machine from outer space.
  • ArmandoG28
    ArmandoG28 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    liitle people using them !!!
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    It's pretty hard to annoy me, but I always wonder about the people who walk in, jump up on the elliptical while wearing jeans and a shirt, and just sort of hang out there for 10 minutes barely moving at all...
  • UsernameStillLoading
    Options
    Normally I don't like judging the people in the gym because they're at the gym. That's a step forward whether they are stepping towards the right direction or not. Also, just because they are on their cell phones doesn't mean they are just messing around, for all I know they are awaiting news from someone in the hospital.
    But that's not the point. I've seen people in the gym not working out and that's life. People don't always do what they set out to do. The most annoying thing I've seen so far though is when a trainer (YES A TRAINER WHO WORKS IN THE GYM AND SHOULD KNOW BETTER) was holding up a machine because he was chatting to the person on it.
    My workout buddies (and myself of course) were waiting to use it and we asked the guy in the machine how many sets he had left.
    His answer: "I just need one more"
    That one more set took 4 other exercises me and my buddies completed. It was three of us that day. We do four sets per exercise. That means this guy hogged the machine for 48 sets!
    If it were two people chatting away, I'd be fine with it. I'd be annoyed, but I understand. This was a trainer (not the guy's trainer, just a trainer who doesn't seem to be working) chatting someone's ear off and not letting the guy do his thing. Seriously?
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Not annoying but a source of comic relief.

People walking around with their "lats" (quotes because they usually don't any) flared out with their elbows up walking around like they're too big to fit through a door frame.
  • UsernameStillLoading
    Options
    Hmm I have to say the girls who go and chest press 5 pounds and ask for a spot.. really?! Or, the obnoxious grunts and screams when doing weights :S

Never underestimate the power of the bar. 5 extra pounds can mean a total of 40lbs in some benches. It's smart to have a spot for chest press even if its little weight, you never know when a muscle is suddenly going to tense up between reps.
    The grunts and screams do get annoying but understandable. Those grunts and screams give them the energy they need to finish it. If its 3 grunts, I don't mind it. Once it gets to 5 consecutive grunts, I think they should have waited another set to attempt the current weight.
  • angie0531
    angie0531 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We have a chronic cigarette smoker who visits our gym daily. Not only does it smell like she smoked a carton of the cheapest cigs in the world, but she bathes in perfume to try to mask it. It is so terrible...in the shower one day, I thought someone was actually smoking in the stall next to me. I'm all for anyone coming to the gym, but don't put the cigarette out on the way in! It is very disrespectful - especially since they keep our gym smelling rather nice which amplifies the smell of cologne/perfume and yes...SMOKE.