Snowing in Phx

Options
triciab79
triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
What is the world coming to? Its snowing here in Phoenix AZ.

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I'm from the Southwest (grew up in Sierra Vista, just south of you) and so all of my FB friends are like OMG SNOW! I now live in the Midwest and we are supposed to get almost a foot of snow.

I long for the ignorance of my youth, in which I thought snow was magical and beautiful.....
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I'm 2 1/2 hours East of you and we are supposed to get a foot of snow today....
  • MyPsalm63
    Options
    I'm used to it here being in Prescott. I didn't realize it was snowing there today. My sister said it was raining earlier.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I am at work at Phoenix College and it was snowing like crazy just down the road at 19th and Bethany. I had suntan lotion on yesterday!
  • SVCat
    Options
    I'm from the Southwest (grew up in Sierra Vista, just south of you) and so all of my FB friends are like OMG SNOW! I now live in the Midwest and we are supposed to get almost a foot of snow.

I long for the ignorance of my youth, in which I thought snow was magical and beautiful.....

GTFO...that's where I am at...in SV.
  • MyPsalm63
    Options
    Where are you?
    I'm 2 1/2 hours East of you and we are supposed to get a foot of snow today....
  • MyPsalm63
    Options
    Nevermind
  • Timshel_
    Options
    Friends in Tucson said they already got quite a bit.
  • Timshel_
    Options
    Friends pic in downtown area Phx.

857984_10200162518759062_1665656978_o.jpg
  • Timshel_
    Options
    Where the Diamond Backs are supposed to be "Spring" training. lol.

553981_10152586904420005_750890069_n.png
  • hmp1130
    hmp1130 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have a friend in Phoenix who was posting pictures of snow and a friend in Alaska who was posting pictures of a rain storm today. A little backwards.
  • quirkytizzy
    Options

No ****! You're in SV??? Oh man! Yep, that's where I grew up. Graduated Buena Alternative, used to scare myself with stories about the San Pedro Bridge, and tried to scale the freakin' waterfall. I gtfo out of that town about ten years ago, happy never to go back. I do miss the land there, though - those mountains were so pretty! How do you like the town?

Also I heard they paved Fry Town. Is that true?
  • SVCat
    Options

No ****! You're in SV??? Oh man! Yep, that's where I grew up. Graduated Buena Alternative, used to scare myself with stories about the San Pedro Bridge, and tried to scale the freakin' waterfall. I gtfo out of that town about ten years ago, happy never to go back. I do miss the land there, though - those mountains were so pretty! How do you like the town?

Also I heard they paved Fry Town. Is that true?

Love it just fine :)

null-72.jpg

And no idea about Frye town...I don't do thug life
  • quirkytizzy
    Options

null-72.jpg

Such a pretty picture!!! And lol about Frye town. Yeah, I used to rent a place there. Not a shining moment in my life. Those mountains really are pretty. (Don't have those here in the Midwest, sadly.)
  • SVCat
    Options

Such a pretty picture!!! And lol about Frye town. Yeah, I used to rent a place there. Not a shining moment in my life. Those mountains really are pretty. (Don't have those here in the Midwest, sadly.)

No disrespect intended love...it's just crazy to live there, but hey...gotta do what you got to do.

That picture is actually from several weeks back. Snow if falling fast....send me a friend request and I"ll post some other photos if you wish.
  • katellanova
    katellanova Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • kgilbert75
    kgilbert75 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    We just left Phx yesterday after spending a week there visiting my husband's family (he is from Tempe). Guess we were there the right week since it was 75 the whole time!!
  • underwater77
    underwater77 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Loved it! Crazy though, 70s this weekend, snow today! What on earth?
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I am so glad I was not on the 101 when that mess happened. I can't even fathom.
  • underwater77
    underwater77 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Ya my friend posted some pics on the 101. I swear it looked like Chicago. It was pure slush!