Where'd I lose it?

Options
So I'm not sure if this is much of a sucess story, but I wanted to share it anyways.

I have been slowly losing weight for the last few months, and am down as of today 27 pounds. While I have never attempted to lose weight, and have never really been a skinny minnie, I'm thrilled that I've lost as much as I have!:bigsmile:

But when I look in the mirror, I think "Where'd I lose it?" I still have my pudge, and I still look like me.

It wasn't until a couple of weeks ago I saw my brother-in-law and the first thing he said is, "It seems like lately everytime I see you, you shrinking more and more! Don't disappear on me!" and he gives me a huge hug. Sweet brother really!! It so made my day! Then my husband, without me having to prompt him like normally by saying, "Honey do I look I different", he says that he can tell. My stomach looks smaller, my clothes are looser, and he says that my face looks thinner. Other family member were asking me now if I was losing weight, since this isn't something that I usually broadcast to other people. People at work have noticed my scrubs that I wear are bigger on me than they used to be. I still didn't believe anyone, until.....

I tried on a pair of jeans in my closet that I haven't worn in 2 YEARS, and even then, they were a bit tight. But when I pulled them on, expecting the usual struggle of pulling up pants, the slid right on. They were even baggy on me!!!:bigsmile: They are officially the most comfortable jeans I now own!!!

I'm only 8 pounds away from my half way marker, and now, I'm even more motivated to reach it!!!!:bigsmile:

Replies

• LoveMy4Kids
    LoveMy4Kids Posts: 231
    Options
    Awesome! Keep up the great work!
  • drweist
    drweist Posts: 4
    Options
    Way cool! I lost about the same amount and then gained it back over the holidays and now struggling to get the same weight off again! I have the same pair of jeans in my closet you wore today, LOL! Hopin to be wearin mine soon, thanks for the motivation!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss. you are doing great. I hear ya though. I have lost 22 pounds and I just don't see it. other people do but I still see the chubster looking back at me. yes my clothes are getting baggy but they still sort of fit but I still just don't see it. I can sort of see it in some pictures but then again pictures don't really look like me. I wonder if we will ever really see what we have acomplished.
  • mimi7grands
    mimi7grands Posts: 616
    Options
    You've done a great job. Sometimes people notice you look different but can't quite put it together. Someone I hadn't seen for a year or so asked me if I'd been getting some sun! What counts is looking great and, even better, feeling great. Congrats. :flowerforyou:
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    Amazing girl!! What a great story. Keep it up!!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep up the good work!
  • donya35
    donya35 Posts: 166
    Options
    Aww thanks guys!!!:blushing:
  • donya35
    donya35 Posts: 166
    Options
    Congrats on your loss. you are doing great. I hear ya though. I have lost 22 pounds and I just don't see it. other people do but I still see the chubster looking back at me. yes my clothes are getting baggy but they still sort of fit but I still just don't see it. I can sort of see it in some pictures but then again pictures don't really look like me. I wonder if we will ever really see what we have acomplished.

I know what you mean!!! To me, when I look in the mirror, I look the same as I did in high school, just older. It isn't until a picture is taken and then I'm like, "There is no freakin' way that's me!!" :noway: What kills me, is I did this to myself. I thought in high school at a weight of 125, that I was fat!!!! That's part of the reason why I never really thought much about my weight. Yeah I had to buy bigger clothes, but to me, in the mirror, I looked the same. Those photos are a killer though!!! I've never been one for having my picture taken, but now it's even worse because I don't want to see the facts. I don't want to see what everyone else sees. Don't get me wrong, I AM motivated to lose the poundage, but I'm afraid that if I consentrate on what I look like too much I'll get down and depressed and not WANT to lose the weight.
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    What a great story, thanks for sharing it. Great work! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a success story to me. Congrats
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    that is pure amazing :) im sooo happy for you :D keep it up
    and stay motivated :D that what you need :)
  • Melanie1967
    Melanie1967 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job! We must just have a hard time seeing it. I have dropped 2 pants sizes now, from a tight 24 to a comfortable 20, and if I look in the mirror without clothes it's like "where did I loose the 35lbs at"? I was getting really disappointed over the fact nobody was noticing, nobody had said a word, except my sister-in-laws who are also doing MFP and knew I was. Husband still hasn't said a word. But, I have come to the conclusion that I am doing this for me this time. And seeing the number go down on the scale, and down on the tape measure, has been so motivating! We can do this! With all the great people here, I actually feel I can make it. I use to be a FB addict. Now I am a MFP addict. This is the first thing I do, check and see how my friends are doing every morning. Keep up the great work!
  • TaraEpersaud
    Options
    That is awesome
    keep it up
  • elephantmeg
    elephantmeg Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    very awesome! When I lost weight the first time (35 lbs pre-kids) it was because my scrubs weren't fitting-they were getting way tight so instead of buying new scrubs I decided to loose weight. Well I had to buy new scrubs after all, lol. At least my old scrubs made great maternity scrubs! It's hard to see at the time but now when I look at pics it's amazing to see the difference.
  • canroadrunner
    canroadrunner Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I always want to know what happens in the 5 minutes between the time I look at myself in the bathroom mirror and I think I look good to when I get a picture taken and think what the h*** happened.
    I went out thinking I looked hot, so I had my son take a digital pic for me. I looked at it the next morning and thought, boy were you wrong.
    Gotta replace that bathroom mirror!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    keep up the good work!!
  • passero2009
    Options
    That's great. My friend has been slowly losing weight too but it's hard to tell because i see her all the time and it's coming off slowly (which is the best way). She was saying the same thing that she still fits in all her clothes and she can't really see it. The first bit is bloat and water weight but then all of a sudden she started dropping weight quickly. I think just past the bloat and water then you start to drop weight. Right now she's on the platue...... or however you spell it. She's trying everything to get it jumpstarted again, i think that's the time you want to give up.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Well ya',,, you're still you silly. What did you think would happen - you'd become a Leprechaun? You're just a little smaller now.

Congrats,,, watch them bro-in-law hugs - he might be pervin' :laugh:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    That's great!! Scrubs are really the best way to tell. I have a pair of scrub pants my ex gave me when he worked in a hospital and when I gained weight over the winter, they were real tight. Now I can barely keep them on, even with the drawstring tied all the way tight on me. I've got giant bubbles on my stomach and butt from where the weight used to be! HA! :happy: Happy for you, girl! Keep up the great work.
  • beckybernardo
    beckybernardo Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    i'm in the same boat as you are. I don't see it at all. I haven't even had anyone say "you look smaller" My jeans are a little bigger on me, but i haven't went down a size or anything. It is very frustrating to lose 22lbs and not see it. Oh well, Ill keep at it. You keep up the great work also.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!