Hi everyone!

Options
My name is Joy. I am new to my fitness pal. I have struggled with my weight my entire life and have yo-yo'd multiple times throughout my life between drastic weights. I am finally now getting motivated to try and get myself back to a healthy weight. I have been working out for about 2 weeks now and have dropped 5 lbs according to the scale. I was somewhat nervous being social on here since I feel like I am a lot heavier than most of the people I see on this site, but I also know that a support group is always useful in the weight loss process. So here I am :) I am hoping to meet new friends, get some motivation and join everyone in a nice, long, permanent, weight loss journey.

Replies

• JessicaPasieka
    JessicaPasieka Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Welcome Joy. And rest assured, there is absolutely no need to be nervous on this website. This is a community of people who have and Are currently experiencing the same struggles as you are. No one forces you to share information that you don't want to. And the first step is starting a life style change and having people that support you. And that can begin here!
  • sjstick
    sjstick Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Great job on the 5 lbs. Joy. We all have our own goals. I like to set short term goals and reach them. Reaching the short term goals keeps me motivated. Lofty goals can seem unattainable. Fitness pal a great tool to help you get to where you want to go. Follow your calorie goals and get moving!! You can do it!
  • gablue444
    gablue444 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Joy! I just joined this site after committing to a weight loss goal myself. Congrats no already loosing 5 pounds!! It is so exciting to get the first bit off. I too feel like my weight is more out of control than others but I'm glad to see I am not alone in that feeling. Hope I can help motivate you and you, I. Its so hard to do it alone!
  • mdepko
    mdepko Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I've been living the "large" life and am enjoying the change so far.
  • happydaze71
    happydaze71 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    its a fantastic website for support. Its good to know that you arent alone, and that everyone has good and bad days.
    Anyone who wants support can add me :D