Heart Rate Monitor!!

Options
I need one. About to sit down and order one. I was going to go with the Polar FT7. Is that a good one? Is there a better one?

Thanks for the input!

Replies

• xunshakeablex
    Options
    I love Polar. Their monitors are good. I have an FT4. It's water resistant but I can't swim laps and get it to work. I don't know if the FT7 does that but I wish mine did. I think that's a good choice though I haven't done research on the FT7.
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    The FT7 is excellent. You can swm in it too. Ive heard here that the battery is easier to replace yourself rather than the FT4....

The FT7 is an excellent tool. I use it whenever Im exercising including playing sports.
  • richh963
    richh963 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I bought FT7 with new H1 tranmitter last week, Mine is black/red with black face, I love it so far.be careful who you buy from.the company I bought mine from sent me the older model wearlink transmitter even though I paid for and ordered the ft7 with H1 tranmitter.they sent me out a correct one overnight but I had to pay for it. and Ive sent the wrong one they sent back too them and still waiting for them to credit my bank acct.
  • nikki_dw
    nikki_dw Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I just got the FT4 about a week ago and I love it! The chest strap was a little tight at first but it stretches out to fit your body.

I was able to find it on sale for about $10 cheaper than what it is on Amazon at my local ****'s Sporting Goods. Shop around before you purchase.
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I was gonna order tonight, but just got home from the ER with my son (broken collar bone)...so will have to wait til next paycheck :(
  • ars1300
    ars1300 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar ft4. Very Happy with it!
  • ChristinaK69
    Options
    I have the Polar ft4 and it is working well for me
  • agirlscamaro
    agirlscamaro Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I bought the Polar FT40 because you can connect it to the internet and track your training. It's an extra cost for the wearlink device. I love my HRM. I've had it for a week. It's really helping me get the most out of my work outs.
  • PennStan
    PennStan Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Just got the ft7 less than a week ago. Was a bit nervous reading some of the negative comments, but realized there were at least 5x as many positive. It has worked flawlessly so far. Interacts with all the machines at my gym.