after work night snacking

Options
I get home from work anywhere from 7:30 to 11:30 at night. I can have a full dinner in the middle of my shift and for some reason I find the need to eat when I get at home( the worst time to be snacking.) I need to eat something or I can't fall asleep. I would keep fruit to eat but don't like apples or oranges and the fruits I like never seem to stay fresh long enough. So I end up eating the worst possible foods like leftover dinner, sweets, or pretzels. What's a substantial food to eat that's not s diet buster.

Replies

• sjstick
    sjstick Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I eat a Nature Valley granola bar and drink lots of water. It fills me up and I get the "crunch" from the bar. I think is about 190 calories.
  • StarrySky23
    StarrySky23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love yogurt as a sweet treat at night. I love full fat yogurt, but there are lots of yummy 100-calorie options.
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    What about a serving of Greek yogurt, granola bar, piece of bread with a tbs of peanut butter, string cheese, mini bag of popcorn?
  • msjazz901
    Options
    i usually eat a bowl of cereal like two hour before i go to bed. yogurt if its a sweet tooth. or popcorn if im searching for a crunch.
  • Blhagar
    Options
    I am liking the popcorn idea.