fitbut/ HRM

Options
I just ordered my polar FT4. I currently sync my fitbit to MFP, even while I workout. Should I leave it off when using my HRM and then log my workouts manually??

Replies

• fougamou
    fougamou Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    No help with your answer, but I LOVE the typo!
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I have a FitBit and a Polar FT7. I wear both whilst working out so I get my step count and then the reading from the HRM overwrites the calorie burn from the FitBit when I load it onto MFP.
  • Jerrielynn
    Options
    which fitbit do you have? I am looking into getting one and not sure which one to get. thanks for your help
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I have a FitBit and a Polar FT7. I wear both whilst working out so I get my step count and then the reading from the HRM overwrites the calorie burn from the FitBit when I load it onto MFP.

ditto. I like the fitbit because it tracks my movement throughout the day, I love the HRM because it tracks my heart rate/calorie burn during my workouts. I have the old FitBit which I think they might be phasing out. I don't know the new ones at all.
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    which fitbit do you have? I am looking into getting one and not sure which one to get. thanks for your help

Like suelegal, I have an old FitBit (Ultra) but it does the job. The new ones aren't much better for me, as they don't sync to my current phone either.
  • susanmarnold
    Options

ditto. I like the fitbit because it tracks my movement throughout the day, I love the HRM because it tracks my heart rate/calorie burn during my workouts. I have the old FitBit which I think they might be phasing out. I don't know the new ones at all.

This! I wear both and input my calorie burn to over ride the Fitbit but still get the step count. I have the Fitbit One and love it!
  • buildingdreams
    buildingdreams Posts: 173 Member
    Options

I have the Fitbit One. I love it. They are coming out with a Band one. Check out Fitbit.com
  • buildingdreams
    Options

So how do you eliminate the calories earned from FITBIT carrying over to MFP? I understand how you would want the step but you can't pick and choose
  • amygher
    amygher Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    i don't have a fitbit or hrm.. want one - which should i start with a hrm or a fitbit? i can't afford to buy both right now. THANKS!
  • buildingdreams
    Options
    i don't have a fitbit or hrm.. want one - which should i start with a hrm or a fitbit? i can't afford to buy both right now. THANKS!
    I would go with FITBIT. It will take your steps . stair count and convert to calories burned and sync with MFP. It is not as accurate as a HRM it can be a good beginner tool for Step/day and flights of stairs. I only ordered my HRM because I have an under active thyroid and wanted a more accurate calories burned from cardio
  • amygher
    amygher Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    awesome! thank you for your thoughts.
  • mattyb1971
    Options

I do the exact same thing. It works perfectly.

Regarding FitBit vs. HRM, if I had to pick one, I would also choose a FitBit.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options

So how do you eliminate the calories earned from FITBIT carrying over to MFP? I understand how you would want the step but you can't pick and choose

The sync is automatic and adjusts your calories. Go into tools I think and you can choose to allow or disallow negative adjustments. Like if you work out for 320 calories in the am but do nothing the rest of the day.....if you do not allow negative adjustment you get just the 320 calories but if you allow negative it might adjust your calorie burn down. I am always fairly active so I just leave in normal (no negative) status.
  • Jerrielynn
    Options
    thank you for your info on the fitbit