Dr. Ian Smith "Shred" book

Options
13»

Replies

• livestrong65
    livestrong65 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Just purchase the book on my iPad. Although I do not really believe in diets, this book seems to be a good guideline and not be restricted to certain foods. I love lots of veggies, fruit, fruit and protein shakes so it is right in my corner.
  • ldbuster0
    ldbuster0 Posts: 207
    Options
    Is this diet like his other diets? I have tried some in the past. They worked for the time, but I started eating other foods and it just didn't keep working. I got tired of eating the same foods although I did enjoy how my meals were already planned.
  • loridaisy1
    loridaisy1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just finished Week 1 Day 3 and find this diet very easy to follow. This diet is good for people who need to lose the last 15-20 lbs or are just stuck on a plateau. I need something very structured to follow to be successful. I find I cheat less and stay on track better. I have been logging my food and it varies by 50- 350 cal/ day. It just depends on your choices. I don't always eat the last snack or have a calorie containing beverage like juice etc with my meals. I stick with water. I am motivated to do the exercise because I write everything down for the day and check it off as I eat it or workout. This is what works for me. There are options in the meal plan so you don't have to eat the same thing everyday. Instead of soup you can have a protein shake or fruit smoothie. I love the Odwalla fruit smoothies. I use Shakeology or Muscle milk for the protein shakes. I haven't been hungry and love eating 7-8 times a day.
  • suthurnqt347
    Options
    Hi everyone, I just finished week one and so far I have lost over 3lbs. I am not one for diet and exercise but to meet my goal I did what I had to do. The diet is not hard and you are eating about 7 to 8 times a day. I like it so far and I am excited to see what my overall weight loss will be after 6 weeks!
  • langsyne
    langsyne Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    How many times can these folks pull together the astounding abundance of information together that is out there, put a new twist on it and make a million bucks??? I should write a book.....
  • cherrylf
    cherrylf Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am on week 3 day 1 and have lost a little over 5lbs. I totally understand where many of you are coming from that this is just another way of saying what we all know (eat healthy, exercise and you will feel better and loose). However, for someone like me who was totally off the mark on my eating and on the upward climb instead of downward when it came to the scale, this book has helped me. It is structured, but there are choices. It is all about what works for you. I have a friend who has lost 70lbs using sensa. I think it is all in his head, but who cares it is working for him. The same goes with this book. I am one of those people that knows what I should be eating, but unless I have a fairly structured plan to follow I just will not do it. So do I believe all the hype about confusing my body with different meals and different exercise no. But have I gotten back on track with eating healthy and exercising over the last two weeks yes. No I haven't been perfect, but I like what I am eating and how I feel so it is working for me.

So for those of you it doesn't work for, you shouldn't make those of use that it is working for feel like fools for buying the book.

OK off my soap box.
  • livestrong65
    livestrong65 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I love fresh fruit and veggies and this diet works for me. I do know what is healthy food and I do know that together with exercise you will lose weight. With this book it helped me to stay on the path! The super easy planned meals, the guidelines and exercise made me lose 2 lbs first week.
  • Shar6819
    Shar6819 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the information today is my first day of Shredding. I join the Houston Shred FB page and the Shred Nation FB, I find the people and Dr Smith, to be very helpful. I like this plan because your not so limited on your food choices, and you have a cocktail or beer if you want.

I like being able to talk to other people that are Shreding to share advice, the do's and don'ts.
  • thinbeth2013
    Options
    I have lost 7lbs in 3 weeks. Easy plan to follow and you don't feel hungry.
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    nice!!
  • goodtimezzzz
    Options
    *Dr’s Ian Shred Program is based off of Meal Spacing and Diet and Muscle Confusion. You are advised not to eat and do the same exercises every day. If you ate a bowl of cereal Day 1 don’t eat cereal day 2. If you walked Day 1 don’t walk day 2 try a different exercise.
    *Clean eating is recommended, stay away from junk but unlike alot of diets, drinking is allowed
    *Timing is critical to the success of this plan. It might be difficult at first, but plan in advance and do the best you can. Skipping meals is not advised. Even if you eat just a small portion, try to eat something on schedule.
    *You must eat something every 3 to 4 hours even if you’re not hungry, but don’t stuff yourself. Eat until you’re no longer hungry, but don’t eat until you’re full. If you need less than what’s recommended, then great, go ahead and eat less, which is even better.

*You don’t have to eat all of the food on the day’s menu if you don’t want to, but no skipping meals, no doubling up on meals, and no exceeding the meal guidelines in size and volume. Condiments like ketchup, mayo, and mustard are allowed, but no more than a teaspoon
    *You must consume 1 cup of water before eating a meal; you must consume 1 cup of water during your meal.
    *Weigh yourself in the morning before starting the program and record it. Don’t weigh yourself throughout the week. Your
    *Five out of the seven days you must do cardiovascular exercise, commonly called cardio.
    *Be smart in your snack choices. Avoid chips and doughnuts and candy; you can have them some of the time, but don’t eat them often. If you must have something like these items, make it only one of your snacks for the day and use healthier options for the other snacks.

LMAO, no wonder he was on Dr Oz, takes a BSer to know one?

My thoughts exactly. He is merely the latest in a long line of opportunists who know they can become rich by playing off people's misconceptions about weight-loss. I guess stuff like this works for people who are already in pretty bad shape because obviously if you're significantly overweight and eating a horrible diet, then following his plan will cause you to lose weight. But you can tell it's not for people who have been in the game for a while because I see no real explanation for his insistence that you can't skip meals or double up on meals. The idea of intermittent fasting would probably really blow his mind.
  • goodtimezzzz
    Options
    I love it!! what is this 1985?????? total BS plan! happy WED!
  • cllanier23
    Options
    I purchased the super shred book a couple of weeks ago because I was scheduled for a surgery that is keeping me from working out for a minimum of 4 weeks and I was afraid of gaining weight because of the lack of activity. I am on day 7 of the super shred diet. I have not been able to do any exercise or any form of workout and I am limited to the Walking I can do. To date I have lost 5lbs. That is without a minute of workout. I can imagine if someone is doing it along with the workout plan included in the book the pounds would drop even more. This diet definitely works and I eat ALL day so I don't feel deprived. I also eat my last Neal at 7:30 so it's stopping me from getting hungry at night. 10's across the board! !!!!
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    One more question on this. I am on day 5 of week one, and I noticed last night after meal 4 I felt very full. I had one slice of meatloaf, one spoon of potato, raw carrrots and salad. I woke up this morning ravenous, and after meal 1 felt very full again, almost to the point of bloated. I have since missed my first snack time. Should I eat it now? Or go to Meal 2? Is this happening to anyone else?

Are you hungry now? If yes, go ahead and eat. If not, don't.

That'll be $24.95 + Shipping & handling, please.
  • jcook0113
    Options
    Just wanted to let everyone know that this diet definitely DOES work. I am a CNA and a take care of an Elderly lady that gained about 50 pounds because of having to take steroids. She wanted to go on a good diet that actually worked because she had tried for over a year to lose weight. I googled it and found that "Super Shredder" was at the top of the list so she ordered the book. I did the diet along with her. I was not able to do the aerobics part of it except riding my bike once a week (because I had to sit with her) and she couldn't work out at all. Therefore, with the eating part alone and no exercise, we both lost 10 pounds in 4 weeks. I'm sure if we could have done the aerobics along with it we would have lost the 20 pounds.

I recommend this to anyone that has had trouble losing weight. It's healthy, teaches you to eat right and you never get hungry. Sometimes, I couldn't even eat all that was recommended to eat, but I never skipped a meal or a snack, just didn't eat all of it.

To top it all off, when we were done with the "Super Shred" diet we went to "Shred, The Revolutionary Diet" and I have lost a total of 17 pounds. She lost 26 pounds in all. We still have a couple more weeks to go.

So, you people that want to say Dr. Ian Smith is a BullS****er............................... try it before you knock it. I am amazed at all this man knows and how he tricks the body and the metabolism. He is AWESOME!!!!! Thank you so much, Dr. Ian Smith
  • Tona917
    Tona917 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bump