An unexpected side effect of losing weight

Options
Kath712
Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
So, now that it's summer, I'm wearing tank tops and shirts with open necks. And I'm not too embarrassed to wear these clothes because I feel great in my body. But..... my shoulder belt in the car presses on my collarbone! Ouch! I don't know what to do. Don't they make some kind of a cover for the shoulder belt to cushion it?

Not that I'm complaining about not having much cushion of my own up there! :-)

Replies

• pmoore1225
    pmoore1225 Posts: 22
    Options
    Thts a great problem to have... Thats great.. I cant wait to have the same problem.. Keep up the good work!!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Yeah, my mom has one!! I've always had to ride or drive with the seat belt tucked under my arm. Ever since I was little. But... my mom got a ticket once for riding this way so be careful!
  • littletiger972000
    Options
    Yeah...there is no point in having it on if you have it tucked under your arm! :huh: But if you use one of those things, try to find a cute one! LOL :tongue:
  • JoyElizabeth
    JoyElizabeth Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    We have fluffy straps that have velcro along the edge to attach them to the seat belt, or there is a special flat plastic thingo that attaches to the lower sash belt and clips up to the chest belt to pull it down a little so that it changes the angle of the chest belt so that it doesn't pull into your neck - I like that one the best. We get them for about $5 or $7 at any reputable car accessories store like SuperCheap or Repco in Australia.
  • SimonLondon
    SimonLondon Posts: 350
    Options
    I really miss having a gut to rest my arms on when I'm sat here crossing my arms. A rib cage is not nearly as comfy as my 45lb stomach was.

Saying that, I wouldn't change it back for anything :laugh:
  • dansdeb
    dansdeb Posts: 164
    Options
    They have the cover things in all car stores like Advanced, pep boys etc.. also in walmart and kmart. They work really well and are washable.
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    They make all sorts of ones. Inconspicuous ones that match the color of the seat belt. Fun colors, fluffy animal ones.

I remember back the first time I lost a big chunk of weight how cool I felt when the belt touched my chest instead of being held out by my belly. Man I was the niftiest thing since sliced bread!

Congrats on the progress!
  • cfischer81
    cfischer81 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    So, now that it's summer, I'm wearing tank tops and shirts with open necks. And I'm not too embarrassed to wear these clothes because I feel great in my body. But..... my shoulder belt in the car presses on my collarbone! Ouch! I don't know what to do. Don't they make some kind of a cover for the shoulder belt to cushion it?

Not that I'm complaining about not having much cushion of my own up there! :-)

I have that problem too!. It is really annoying! It seems trivial but it sure drives you crazy when you're stuck in the car for an hour with it scratching you!
  • kmquirin
    kmquirin Posts: 4
    Options
    My mom got these bears that we saw on the Ellen show after having a mastectomy and she still uses them since her seat belt hits her in a weird way now. They are called "Tiddy Bears" and if you buy one you get the second one free (just pay shipping), so we got 2 that she keeps in each of their cars. http://www.tiddybearcomfortstrap.com/
  • dj_stevie_c
    dj_stevie_c Posts: 270
    Options
    I'm sure you have them wherever you are. In the UK we call them 'seat belt pads' and here's a really nice example:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_247521_langId_-1_categoryId_165548

I'm sure you can find the equivalent :) Good luck!
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I use a little plastic hook that straps on to the bottom seatbelt. You then hook the top part on it and push it over to the side making the top part go across your shoulder more than your neck/collarbone. It is easy to adjust and unhook - so if a male drives your car they can still get the proper placement. :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!