I Keep Worrying

Options
I keep worrying everyday if I'm gonna see results or not. I hate it! I just want to do what I'm doing and know that I'm going to reach my goal. 20% bodyfat, flat belly (besides the lidodystrophy i won't be able to get rid of - it's caused from too many insulin injections there - a protruding lumpy pouch.) and no cellulite on my thighs, and to fit into my prepregnancy clothes - Size 5/7. Right now I'm in a 9/11 size and 8lbs more than prepreg weight.
What can I do to stop worrying? Anything? Please tell. Thanks

Replies

• Bootjockey
    Bootjockey Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Yeah.

Chill.

Don't worry about yesterday. That's the past.
    Don't worry about tomorrow. That will take care of itself.

Do the right thing today.

The rest will take care of itself.

Seriously, it sounds cliche and all, but really, life is to short. Enjoy today. Build toward the future.

No one can do that for you. It's up to you.

-BootJockey
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Don't let where you were yesterday determine where you'll be tomorrow, let today decide where you will be tomorrow.
  • lawrence_warmachine
    Options
    Well, here's one thing....
    You've got us in your corner.

Hey just take each day as it comes. Don't keep looking at the scales and measuring urself.
    Find workouts and activities, dancing and nice walks that make u happy and laughing.
    Make sure your diet is yummy and fun, but the right kind of carbs, fats and proteins.

You'll feel and see difference.

Train smart : brief, intense, infrequent.

As long as u focus in big muscle groups: thighs, glutes, back,
    It'll happen quick ish. Treadmill running a a mugs game.
    Better to walk 10-15 min uphill. Also jump-rope is v v v v good.

:)

We're here all in the same boat
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Yeah.

Chill.

Don't worry about yesterday. That's the past.
    Don't worry about tomorrow. That will take care of itself.

Do the right thing today.

The rest will take care of itself.

Seriously, it sounds cliche and all, but really, life is to short. Enjoy today. Build toward the future.

No one can do that for you. It's up to you.

-BootJockey
    http://www.facebook.com/DoItNowLifestyle
    Please visit our page, and If you LIKE us, please SHARE us!!!

^^^^Well put, as always! :flowerforyou:
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Yes BUT I believe that what you do TODAY decides on what is in store for TOMORROW. Catch my drift? I am a planner but I like to know if my plans will work because I want to make sure that the future has good things - know what Im saying?
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options
    FYI - Im totally not worrying about what happened yesterday.
  • homemademama
    homemademama Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    honestly, have things set up that you can control and make you feel good regardless of what your weight results are. I don't have weight goals that I really pay attention to. My goals are to make my exercise and calorie goals. maybe i'll have a wonky week of water weight or other issues to make the scale stick - but logically i know that i can't be anything but better off if i have low cal intake and higher amounts of exercise. I'm still happy if i meet those goals. pick something that you want t do (a few extra minutes of working out, another half mile...) and focus on that.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Ahhh, don't worry. Be happy.
  • CaddieMay
    CaddieMay Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Yes BUT I believe that what you do TODAY decides on what is in store for TOMORROW. Catch my drift? I am a planner but I like to know if my plans will work because I want to make sure that the future has good things - know what Im saying?

I do know what you're saying. But you also need to have faith that the little things are going to make a difference. Get rid of the fear and worry. They don't burn calories. :wink:
  • shanthinathan
    shanthinathan Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I can imagine how you feel. I do it all the time, wanting to look like how I used to look 10 years ago. But than again, look at the bright side, you should aim to look healthy first, All the calories will start burning once they get a shock seeing your enthusiasm in the gym. Just keep counting the calories you burn and watch your diet, don't skip meals and in time, you will be well toned and before you know it your clothes will size 5/7 clothes will fit on you.

Don't give up....
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Worrying is such a time waster. Keep eating right and getting your exercise. Use your energy for positive things. What if you don't exactly meet your goals? It won't change you on the inside and you will still be the unique and wonderful person you are.

Plan what you can and enjoy the rest. Healthy isn't perfect, but healthy is awesome. Good luck!
  • 1sisrat
    1sisrat Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    the worrying may be part of your issue. The stress and cause cortisol, which keeps your body in panic mode (perceiving a threat and therefore not shedding lbs it thinks it may need). You really need to take some deep breaths and realize that it will happen... usually when you stop worrying. Count the things your are happy for, visualize the you you want to be, and just take each step as it is. If you keep looking at up the hill to where you want to be you will not be able to take each step because it will just feel too daunting. find a way to calm down.... you really need to.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    hun, everyone here knows it takes diabetics double dose (time wise) to drop flab. I have been here since late August and only dropped this much and my doc said it takes longer for diabetics. It's not only weight we have to worry about but continuous lows from exercise as well. U are doing well! Diabetes is hard and it makes me wonder why the heck I ever had a baby also. lol..... u are doing great!
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options
    yes, way harder for diabetics. my sugars are all over the place all because the tiniest change or bad thing I eat (like chips or fries say) throws my sugars into tornado mood. my diabetes doesnt allow me to cheat on my diet. But I do because it's normal human nature to cheat once in a while and have a piece of cake or something right. Anyways, keep on going.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    When I first started out, another member told me this...and it has helped me immensely in dropping 25 Lbs in the past 4.5 months:

"If you focus on the results, you'll never see the change; if you focus on the change you will ultimately see the results."

Understand that this is not a sprint, it's a marathon. Nothing happens overnight...weight loss is somewhat akin to chopping down a large tree with nothing but an ax and hand saw...just keep chipping away at it and eventually that tree will fall.