Becoming the person I always wanted to be

Options
I've been carrying around about 30 extra pounds for a decade or more now. I've had a pair of size 12 jeans in my closet since 2004 with a note pinned to them that said, "These will be LOOSE soon!"

Finally, that note has become a reality. I owe it all to Jillian Michaels (after years of shying away from strength training, my body was transformed in a hurry with 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30), MFP and all the supportive folks on here.

Sometimes I still have a hard time noticing the difference ... I've dropped 2-3 sizes, but sometimes I still feel like the "chubby girl" who was constantly asked when I was due. Anyway, the following two photos really hit home for me. They were taken on the same beach, exactly one year apart.

I finally feel like I'm becoming the stronger, healthier and happier person I always hoped to be.

florida-2012_zps3c3284b6.jpg

florida-2013_zpse152d80a.jpg

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered." – Nelson Mandela

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!