Struggling with weight all my life

Options
I am 63 now and at my highest weight. I have no motivation , no desire tobetter my predicament , no interest in going out, ...I want to but i just cant make myself. I have used Fitness pal on m ipad and it helps i like it but i dont keep it up and when i eat bad things i just forgetabout it. I have lost great amounts of weight atage 50 I got down to 160 thin for me , i worked out and had 26% body fat.

Replies

• Torgrills
    Torgrills Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    One foot in front of the other...
  • alisi85
    alisi85 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Take it one day at a time literally one day at a time!! Hang in there :)
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    It sure feels good to get back into those slim clothes. That is what motivates me.
  • shanthinathan
    shanthinathan Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    what is stopping you from being a healthier person...
  • eoakhome
    Options
    If you have a day that you eat to much, don't think that you can not do it. Because you can :smile:
  • lynnw24
    lynnw24 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have also struggled and I am at my heaviest I have ever been too. The motivation just doesn't come to you, you have to earn it! I log in my food, good or bad, on MFP and so far it's working for me! I lost 40 pounds and I have A LOT more to go! Please don't give up. You know what you have to do so just do it! I promise you'll be so happy you did :)
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    If you didn't have ANY motivation, you probably wouldn't be posting here or be on this site. It's in there, trying to come out. If you choose foods that aren't so great for you, log them anyway. It's hard at first, but after a while it becomes a habit. Then you can try and reach the caloric limit that you're aiming for. But just get into the habit of logging first.

If we only go around one time in this life, don't you want to live it the way you want to? You can and will just remind yourself of what it is you really want out of all of this.
  • mdepko
    mdepko Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    If you lost a lot of weight in your fifties, then you have to know that the first step is the hardest. You're the only one responsible for yourself. So you have to ask yourself, are you happy with who you are? Comfortable? Do you like what you see in the mirror? There are great people on here that will help motivate you, give you ideas, and try to make the journey more enjoyable. But you and only you can force yourself to take the first step. I know it sucked for me taking that first step to start doing some exercise. Been there, done that, I knew there would be pain involved, I knew I would not be able to do a lot at first, but I grudgingly forced myself to start. And once you start and stay at it, it gets easier. Not by leaps and bounds, but baby steps, but it does get better.
  • Kailee360
    Options
    Well you are here now , this place keeps me on track , even tho' I stray sometimes .. Good luck!

And remember how it feels to fit into your thin clothes - Nothing tastes as good as that feeling . :o)
  • Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    You CAN do this!!! I have struggled with weight since I had my son which was 23 years ago. I used to be able to eat anything I wanted and not gain an ounce. Those days are gone. Anyway, I get a lot of support and encouragement here on mfp and you can too. You can add me if you like. I know it's hard. I was stuck for a long time, mainly because I was binging, but I stopped binging a week ago and I'm starting to see the scale go down. Just your being here is a good sign that you are in there for the long haul. It won't be easy, but you can do it.