Southerners

Options
I just join this site Monday and I'm wanting to lose a little over 100 lbs. I'm looking for a few southerners to help with motivation. I'm open to having friends from anywhere but it would help having people who eat southern comfort food and could help me make some of those foods healthier.

Replies

• drsmithtft
    drsmithtft Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome from Texas. Best of luck to you. We do know how to cook dont we.
  • nsagley
    nsagley Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Deep fried and covered in gravy :-)
  • SStruthers13
    SStruthers13 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi from southern Louisiana. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • Peanutbutterx
    Options
    Hey, welcome from florida (hey were still the south even though people forget that sometimes since all the new yorkers are down here now..) anyways, i love comfort food! i just made some pulled pork sandwhichs with beans an potatoes.. a healthier version by cutting off all the fat and using a splenda/brown sugar mix for the barbeue sauce. before i started to loose weight i like pretty much fried anything.. chicken, cat fish, turkey... but have learned to make these things baked but still breaded.. just with wheat bread crumbs and a lot of seasoning and lemon.. i still make apple pies an stuff like that just with a healthier crust.. you can still have all of your favorite foods but just do little things to make them healthier and smaller portions. I try an include alot of food groups in everything i eat (meat, veggies, wheat bread) cause it makes you fuller to have a little of everything. If you want some recipe ideas, theres a lot of good websites onlone you can find. one i really like is skinnytaste.com because its actually real food. also Paula dean i dont kno if you heard of her but she makes some reeally good southern food but its really fattening, well her son came out with a cook book thats her food but he made it healthier and less calories and its really good stuff. try googling it an you can find some of his recipes. hope that helps, anyways its nice your gettin healthy and God bless :)
  • Kempossible
    Kempossible Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    From Alabama, feel free to add me IF you like. Best wishes to you !
  • jorgele
    jorgele Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    NC represented here, we have Bojangles fast food restaurants home of the gravy biscuit. My lone weakness :)
  • HungryKoala
    Options
    I need to lose the same amount of weight! And I'm not southern, but I have family down south and OH my god fried green tomatoes and biscuits and gravy!
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    NC represented here, we have Bojangles fast food restaurants home of the gravy biscuit. My lone weakness :)

NC, here too.
  • DJHudgins
    Options

NC, here too.

Make that 3 from NC. Also, Bojangles is my weakness. WHY do they make their biscuits soooooooo good lol. Feel free to add me!
  • cleoKatt
    cleoKatt Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Born & raised in Georgia, now in Alabama,..can't get much more Southern than that,...... Ya'll

Anyone (Southern or not), may add me. :flowerforyou: