GNC Lean Shake 25

Options
2»

Replies

• heypurdy
    heypurdy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    The premade Lean Shakes are sooo sweet. As in, not good. At least to me. I bought a sample of the chocolate and vanilla powder. It says to use the whole packet in one 8 oz glass of water. There's no way I would use that much powder. I would probably use 2 tablespoons at most.
  • joesams
    joesams Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just tried this product. Not bad at all. I used the Rich Chocolate with Blue Diamond Breeze Almond Milk (unsweetened). I am pretty surprised at how good it tastes. Make sure to use a shaker cup, powder does not break up very well by just stirring. I used 1 scoop of powder ( scoop provided in powder can) and 10oz. of Almond Milk. Make sure to buy from Sam's Warehouse if you can. It is quite a bit cheaper than going to GNC.
  • Skinny625
    Skinny625 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have used the Lean Shake before with water and a few ice cubes then put it in the blender. I have a smaller blender similar to the magic bullet. Taste so refreshing after a workout. The almond milk (unsweetened) is also good in it. I haven't use the lean shake in awhile because I could find it anymore a Sam's Club. But I found out today that Sam's now is carrying the Lean Shake 25 which has gotten high reviews on. It is so much cheaper at Sam's Club.
  • ajones1227
    ajones1227 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I've been using the strawberry and cream flavor for a couple of weeks now as a meal replacement. I use milk instead of water and add a banana. Very good.
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I get mine during gold card week so they are cheaper. I love them. I use the shaker cup with water usually around 16 oz or frozen fruit and water. Here are the ones that I can vouch for because I use and love them. BTW no side effects for me.

French Vanilla
    Chocolate Peanut Butter
    Blueberries and Cream
    Mixed Berries (my favorite)
    Banana
    Chocolate
    Strawberry
    Peppermint Mocha
    Pumpkin Spice
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I get mine during gold card week so they are cheaper. I love them. I use the shaker cup with water usually around 16 oz or frozen fruit and water. Here are the ones that I can vouch for because I use and love them. BTW no side effects for me.

French Vanilla
    Chocolate Peanut Butter
    Blueberries and Cream
    Mixed Berries (my favorite)
    Banana
    Chocolate
    Strawberry
    Peppermint Mocha
    Pumpkin Spice

The only flavors I've tried were French Vanilla, Cookies n Creme, Chocolate, and Strawberry. Strawberry tasted like medicine. Chocolate and Cookies n Creme tasted absolutely delicious whether made with milk or water. French Vanilla tasted great with milk but was kind of bleh with water. I've seen Mixed Berry and Blueberries n Creme in stores but have been afraid to try them because in my experience whenever they try to make a fruit flavor meal replacement shake it always comes out tasting like medicine, except banana.
  • Brookeb1326
    Options
    I have been drinking them for about two weeks. I drink the chocolate ones and I love them. I use them as a meal replacement. I got them at Sam's Club for $20 and I have been told if you talk to the manager and ask to buy it in bulk, they will give you a really good discounted price. I have also found out that if you heat it up it tastes like a type of hot chocolate and it still has all the nutritional value. It is a very safe and healthy protein shake and my nutritionist is the one that recommended it. I would definitely try it if I were you!
    Hope this helped! (:
    Brooke
  • Brookeb1326
    Options
    I couldn't find mine at first either. Get a spoon and dig, it is usually at the way bottom.
  • traccie2
    traccie2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've used the Lean Shake as a supplement over the last 3 or 4 years. I use it when I'm too rushed to eat breakfast or if I just don't want anything in particular and I know I'm probably not going to eat but I need some nutrition. I've even used it when I've gained a few pounds and need to get them off.

If you sign up for their rewards card (it costs but it's worth it) then you can buy it during the first week of the month and get a percentage off it. Also, they run sales regularly if you buy one you can get the 2nd one half off. And at the top of the lid in the information pamphlet, there's always a coupon.

I use 2 scoops with water, I shake it really good in the mixer with the ball thingy, and I pour it in a tall glass over ice and drink it with a straw. My favorite flavors are the chocolate and the cookies and cream.

I wouldn't reccomend it for a steady diet but do what works for you.
  • kaebeling
    kaebeling Posts: 1
    Options
    I was just at GNC to purchased Lean Shake 25- the girl there was very helpful. She said 2 scoops for meal replacement and 1 for snack
  • smittysgirl1
    smittysgirl1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I looked at them yesterday and bought a packet of both. I'm currently drinking Carnation Instant Breakfast, but it is high in sugar...Anyway, the lady at GNC asked me "how much I work out." When I said 4-6 times a week, she said that Lean Shake 25 would be okay for me. So, something to take into consideration is how often will you be working out. If you just want a meal replacement, I would stay with the Lean Shake. If you are looking to drink them after a workout, then consider trying the 25.
  • LNJ4106
    LNJ4106 Posts: 1
    Options
    did you find a scoop? i bought my first container last night and went to make a shake this morning and couldn't find a scoop either.
  • skinnyelvia
    Options
    I tried the cookies and cream shakes for a week and lost 5 pounds. I snacked on fruits and worked out 5. Times a week
  • dsayles34
    dsayles34 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I initially tried the premade ones and I making myself drink them. So I brought the strawberry and cream added light vanilla almond milk, 2 strawberries, half of banana, other fruit(mango, pineapples) spinach, carrots, kale about a handful....I think it for breakfast and lunch with something else light. It's very satifying...I just started but not really sure how much weight I have lost. I'm on Day 2! wish me luck.
  • JoeLani78
    Options
    I have tried both the vanilla, the chocolate, and the banana cream in the ready made bottles. Loved all three. Tried the strawberries and cream. Blah is all I can say.
  • fcontreras14
    Options
    Try cinnamon bun's fravor! It's really good.
  • cocoagyrl77
    Options
    The Cinnamom Bun one is pretty good. I use less water so that they are a little thicker.
  • amomofthree78
    amomofthree78 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are on day four of the lean 25 shake plan and we have lost 12 pounds together. It takes a lot of willpower to do anything in life and making healthy choices is no different. This is not used instead of meals, you can eat. It's a protein supplement, drink two shakes and you get 50 g of protein, you should try to be around a 100 g of protein a day to see the weight come off. We are using the rich chocolate. love it