Breakfast Ideas?

Options
I'm running out of them :sad: All I can come up with are the basics- fruit, oatmeal, eggs and sometimes english muffins. Does anyone have any interesting ideas please?

Replies

• GenevieveRox
    GenevieveRox Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Special K Protein is good.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    Leftover steak...or 3 day old chili
  • wldrose75
    Options
    Cold pizza and warm beer! Oh, wait. That was the old life style talking. Nope, nothing from the new life style. I do the same old 3 over and over: cottage cheese and canned fruit, greek yogurt and fresh fruit, or a Jimmy Dean Delights sandwich.
  • vickidemartinez
    Options
    try ham and 1 ounce fat free cream cheese mixed with a tablespoon of sugar free strawberry jam spread on a whole wheat tortilla and roll it up burrito-style.

I also like to make breakfast burritos with egg and turkey sausage patty in whole wheat tortilla

yum
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Breakfast burrito with your choice of meat
  • niknokd
    niknokd Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Smoothies! My favorites:

1 scoop chocolate protein powder, 3/4 smushy banana, 1 cup almond milk, 1 tbs peanut butter, and a few ice cubes blended together

1 scoop vanilla powder, 3/4 cup fat free greek yogurt, a handful of strawberries, a medium banana, almond milk, ice cubes
  • amyplaysflute
    amyplaysflute Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Instead of just eggs, try some green pepper, onion, and cut up pieces of ham, sautee in a pan and make an omelette. Add cheese if you desire.
  • Sponge_Fauve
    Options
    Those all sound like delicious things to eat for breakfast.

I like eat
    Greek yogurt, fruit and granola;
    oatmeal with brown sugar and raisins;
    eggs with vegetables; or
    cream of wheat with fruit
    all the time
  • mlbqd3
    mlbqd3 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    One of my go to breakfasts is:
    1/2 c vanilla yogurt
    1c blueberries or blackberries or strawberries
    1/2 c multigrain cherrios

Mix all together.. super yummy and super filling and low calorie!!
  • mwbulechek
    mwbulechek Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Here is what I have almost every day. 255 calories and keeps you full for hours!

Egg Beaters - Southwestern Style Egg Beaters (Grams), 46 grams
    Thomas' - English Muffin - 100 Calories, 1 Muffin
    Morning Star Farms - Hot & Spicy Sausage Patties (Veggie)
    Kraft Singles - Cheese/American Slices, 0.5 slice
    Oscar Mayer - Turkey Bacon With Sea Salt 25% Lower Sodium
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I saute onions, green pepper and baby spinach and then add my eggs to that. Other times, I just put about 1 oz. of cheddar (full fat) in a non-stick frying pan and add my eggs to that. Sometimes I have cottage cheese and organic blue potato chips or sweet potato chips. About once every couple of months, I get daring and have old fashioned bacon and eggs (eggs sunny side up and basted in bacon grease).
  • traccie2
    traccie2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I use the GNC Lean Shake. Sometimes I will snack on one cup of dry cheerios. I also like to scramble 2 eggs with one teaspoon of butter and four pieces of turkey bacon. Greek Yogurt is a good choice as well.
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Chia oatmeal or fried eggs with toast.
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Hummus and cucumber sandwich on a hearty multigrain bread.
  • SaundraM2009
    SaundraM2009 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon egg cups! Preheat oven to 400, cook bacon in a skillet until halfway done, press bacon into muffin tin cups coated with cooking spray (you can let it cool for a few minutes, or do sweet two-fork maneuvers like I did), bake 5 minutes until crisp, crack an egg into each cup, sprinkle with salt + pepper, bake. I baked them about 15 minutes, but you might like them runnier, plus they'll need to be re-heated, so it might be better to cook them less time so they don't dry out when you microwave them.
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    If you want "breakfast" foods, some other traditional options include: fritata; eggs baked or poached in a spicy tomato sauce; kedgeree; baked beans, vegetable hash, eggy rice, breakfast lentils, yoghurt and smoothies.

But really, you can have any healthy food for breakfast. Last night's dinner left-overs will do.
  • carbar90
    carbar90 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is my favourite meal!! I cook breakfast for a large number of people at work here are some of my favourites:

Mini frittatas- You can put anything in them, just mix up some egg, veggies and spice bake in a mini muffin tray with mini cupcake liners. You can freeze them for later, or eat a bunch for breakfast

Oatmeal- I add some fresh berries (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries) or frozen ones heated up a bit. Add some coconut, cinnamon, hemp and chia seeds and a little bit of milk. Delicious!

Hashbrowns- Usually done the night before I'll chop up some potatoes, season and bake at 350 for about 30-40 minutes, stiring once. I then put them in the fridge till the morning and pan fry with a bit of olive oil

Yogurt and homemade granola- Take some oats, honey and a bit of oil and mix! Put in oven for 350 for 20 minutes, stir once half way through. Then you can add whatever mix you want to it (coconut, cranberries, nuts). Get some yogurt and top with the granola!

Breakfast burritos- Scrambled eggs, bacon, peppers, onion, seasonings, salsa. Put into a wrap and serve

The possibilities are unless but these are a few of my faves :)
  • tsikkz
    tsikkz Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I generally switch between two.. I know they are pretty boring but I work very early and don't have much time in the morning so these are easy but satiating until my morning coffee break.

vanilla protein shake (sometimes I add a banana or peanut butter)

or an enormous bowl of raisin bran. I would eat raisin bran all day if it wasn't a binge trigger for me nomnomnom

And my giant cup o joe of course!
  • FitBlackChick
    FitBlackChick Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon egg cups! Preheat oven to 400, cook bacon in a skillet until halfway done, press bacon into muffin tin cups coated with cooking spray (you can let it cool for a few minutes, or do sweet two-fork maneuvers like I did), bake 5 minutes until crisp, crack an egg into each cup, sprinkle with salt + pepper, bake. I baked them about 15 minutes, but you might like them runnier, plus they'll need to be re-heated, so it might be better to cook them less time so they don't dry out when you microwave them.

Will DEFINITELY give this one a try :happy:
  • FitBlackChick
    FitBlackChick Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the brilliant ideas! :happy: Was getting quite desperate