Anyone else on Wellbutrin??

Options
I just started a new Medication called Wellbutrin for Anxiety. I have only been on it for 3 days...but I def already notice a difference.I am not as hungry, but I always force myself to eat at every meal. Anyone else have any experience with taking this food and losing weight/losing appetite?

Thanks!

Replies

• MizStephanie
    MizStephanie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I didn't mean taking this food...I meant taking this drug...LOL!
  • NutritionAtAlaskaFit
    Options
    Hi Stephanie,

Wellbutrin will affect your appetite. If you have noticeable weight loss, you should check with your doctor. it does help people lose weight because of the appetite suppression. You can also ask your doctor about the timing of when to take it, it may work better in the am because it can be slightly stimulating, thus perhaps increasing your appetite in the evening as it wears off.
  • MileHighTexan
    MileHighTexan Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've been on it for a few years and no longer get those wonderful side effects.
  • NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I have never had any negative side effects while on this medication. Actually, I am just about to start it up again. I find that it does suppress the appetite, but only slightly.
  • droneofvelvet
    droneofvelvet Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I switched to Wellbutrin because of the weight gain affects from celexa. I was getting agitated and having some bad episodes so I had to stop taking it. I hope it works for you and if you can't stomach anything please try to eat nutrient dense foods.
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    My younger brother was on Welbutrin for his ADD and he lost a TON of weight. He was (still is) incredibly skinny but didn't want to eat ever. His doctor ended up switching meds on him because of the dramatic weight loss.
  • laurenlynn82
    laurenlynn82 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    the first bit i took it i wasn't hungry at all and i lost 10 pounds in about a month. now that i've been on it for about 6 months i feel back to normal. i might not be as hungry but i'm not really sure. the first week i was so stimulated like i had 10 cups of coffee and really thirsty. i had taken zoloft in the past and gained a lot of weight in the short 4 months or so that i was on it. i'm glad that the wellbutrin is helping.

good luck.
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I take this drug for depression which it works pretty well. My appetite has not change much at least that I have noticed maybe because I love food. But sometimes it may not have as many unwanted side effect though the day if you take extended release (one pill a day) vs 2-3 pills throughout the day.