Wondering If Anyone Feels Like This

Options
I sometimes feel that i have no support and feel lost, then I want to give up. how do you guys not give up?

Replies

• RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I feel like this occasionally, especially after making any significant amount of progress. I think I have used it as an excuse to self sabotage. It doesn't help that I cannot seem to decide on concrete goals for myself. Support is helpful but not essential in this journey. You can do it :heart:
  • TallGlassOfQuirky
    TallGlassOfQuirky Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    When I started, I didn't really have much support "in real life." I really recommend finding a support system on here if you don't have one already - look at the groups or search for threads that you relate to and start building friendships with people who have similar goals.

As for how to not give up?
    Well - I wanted to get healthy. Giving up wouldn't get me healthy - keeping on working, every single day, would get me healthy. Learning from my mistakes so I didn't keep repeating them would get me healthy. Celebrating the little victories and working towards larger goals would get me healthy.
    Giving up was not an option.
  • CherV96
    Options
    Feeling exactly the same way today. I'm hoping to have a better day tomorrow. I really take it one day at a time and on those horrible days I take it one meal at a time. You can do it!
  • marciem22
    Options
    It is very hard to stay motivated for long periods of time. I depend on my daughters to help keep me going. Do you have a sister or a friend that you could partner up with for support?
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    By knowing that giving up only punishes you, no one else. You deserve to have the body and health you want. Giving up won't get you those things. That doesn't mean it's always easy or that you don't have moments where you feel lost or overwhelmed. But you sit down, figure out what's working and what's not, and fix what's not.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Relying on support means that you cannot do it alone. I tell myself that I can do it alone. Of course it is nice to have support and I know for myself without support from my MFP friends I wouldn't be here but in the end, it is just me thats gotta do it.

Relying on motivational tools means that you do not have the fire inside you to want to do it. Everyone feels demotivated once in a while but generally, you need to have a passion for fitness and NEED for your health so stay motivated. The gimmick motivational tools, while good once in a while, won't take you far.

I hope you find your support and motivation and I bid you good luck :)
  • slogan1968
    slogan1968 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You have to stay focused and see yourself at your goal.

Look to the right people to gain support. Sometimes the people closest to us are inadvertantly the least supportive. Find others with the same goals and lean on them when needed. If you interact with people that have the type of mindset that will get you to your goal or who really understand your desire to be fit then you will...
  • NanaWubbie
    NanaWubbie Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that. I joined a gym and posted a note on a board that I needed a work out bud. I found 4 buddies. I rotate calling them to have a work out partner, there is just something about knowing that someone is waiting for me for a work out.....it makes making excuses harded. I have one AWESOME friend, who when I say "NO", he shows up anyway, saying he's not taking no for an answer. I am NOT hard core when it comes to exercise.....if I get in a 15 minute walk I'm happy, but sometimes I need to be pushed (a lot). When I feel a lack of support at home, I show up here, in these forums, and I usually find the inspiration I need to continue.

Take a picture every month and post it on your profile. When you get discouraged. look at how far you have come!
  • neonklingon
    Options
    I feel this way at least a few times a week! I am just starting out, 279.6 lbs! I think the best thing to do is surround yourself with people who build you up! having friends who can motivate you! another thing that i have been trying out that has proved successful (so far) is online "window shopping". Maybe find some websites that sell clothes you would really like to wear and feel good in. It helps me feel more realistic about my goals, instead of just staring at a number on a scale. I hope this helps! and don't let yourself get too down, because there are a lot of us out there who feel this same way! YOU ARE NOT ALONE! :)
  • peepsnmax11
    Options
    Yep!!!! Then I think about it & what got me here in the first place... I gave up & didn't care = now I'm miserable... Some days are easier then others! It will be worth it in the long run that's what I keep telling myself! :)
  • traceyjj
    traceyjj Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that. I joined a gym and posted a note on a board that I needed a work out bud. I found 4 buddies. I rotate calling them to have a work out partner, there is just something about knowing that someone is waiting for me for a work out....
    Now thats a fantastic idea... I shall ask at my gym if there is anything like that!
    I go to the gym alone, and on some days I find it a very lonely place, specially when I am in a class of others that seem to know each other... but I would love to find someone local to partner up with.
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    I don't have any support, there is just me. I can't just call someone and say - hey can you do my cardio today, I'm just don't have time.

That's why I look to MFP friends and forums to help keep me motivated. I know what I want to achieve and I am the only one that can do it. I like to look thru and see if people have posted challenges and then see if I can do them. May not be the day they were posted, but I make a list and do them when I have the time.

*Thanks to those creative people who post those by the way* :flowerforyou: :love: