Night time sweet tooth

Options
I have been eating healthy all day with no cravings or temptings to cheat but the minute I sit down to relax in the evening I want
Something sweet! Warm baked good of any kind. I have been settling for something like hot coco or a few Hershey kisses but sometimes worse! Any ideas? I don't want to sabatoge my diet!

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Save some calories so that when night time rolls around and you want something sweet, you eat something sweet and fit it into your calories for the day.

That's what I'd do.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Save some calories so that when night time rolls around and you want something sweet, you eat something sweet and fit it into your calories for the day.

That's what I'd do.
    This.
    If you want to be healthier though I suppose you could do a protein pudding/fluff/ice cream
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,230 Member
    Options

That's what I'd do.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    THIS
  • a_crotty
    a_crotty Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    My sweet tooth kills my dieting, so I try to either stick with sugar free chocolate or something like skinny cow or WW ice cream or yogurt bars. Best thing to do is stay away from those ooey gooey yummy baked things. Stupid carbs!
  • michelle7673
    michelle7673 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    It depends on what is in your macros, but I am a big, big fan of flaxmeal "cup muffins" cooked in the microwave. It is basically flaxmeal, baking soda, an egg, some olive oil, a little splenda, a lot of cinnamon. I put blueberries or pine nuts in depending on my mood and my macros. You just mix it in a coffee mug and nuke it, and it tastes like a hot muffin but it's very low carb and no gluten. It satisfies that craving for something sweet and bread-y.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Almond milk hot cocoa. It's amazing and you can put booze in it.
  • Petrapoo45
    Petrapoo45 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    OMG!! I have the best suggestion for you!! They are called Vitatops and they are a sweet tooth's best friend!! They are like a little cake that you put in the microwave for 30 seconds...boom your are done. 100 cals and they are warm, melty and sooo good. seriously these things have saved my *kitten*!! haha
  • moonsforeyes
    Options
    I love cocoa almonds. Emerald makes them and you can even buy them in 100 calorie packs. I eat a pack every single day and they are so satisfying. Try them!
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I always save enough calories for either a WW desert or Skinny Cow. Helps the nighttime sweet craving tremendously!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options

That's what I'd do.

This exactly!! I have 500 calories or so saved for a bedtime snack every night.. my go to is normally chocolate pudding with cool whip.... Best of Luck
  • mdepko
    mdepko Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Pillsbury Toaster Strudel only have about 170 calories with the glaze. Might solve the sweet tooth and the desire for a warm baked good.
  • Lindseyelizabeth87
    Lindseyelizabeth87 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I sometimes have a Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait tea.. 0 Calories. I also find a big glass of water & brushing your teeth helps.

When all else fails, think of how you're only going to sleep.. Your body doesn't need it, it's gonna go right to those problematic areas. For me I envision it on my thighs he he. Does it taste as good as losing weight feels? Probably not. Those are all my mental questions to self..

Good luck!
  • jasonpclement
    jasonpclement Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I do plain oatmeal with a scoop of chocolate whey protein...carbs before bed is just a myth...keeps me out of the peanut butter jar, or my wifes baking chocolate.
  • Tsmartin07
    Options
    Kettle corn, hot chocolate:)
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I eat dark chocolate pretty much every night. Just fit it into your day. yum.
  • kmluecht
    kmluecht Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have to have my fudge popsicle. I found some that are only 40 calories each! No guilt.
  • ashscarpmc
    Options
    pudding! I get the same way.. I find that sugar free, fat free pudding with skim milk (about 80 calories for 1/2 cup) satisfies. I have also purchased ready-made rice pudding and heated it up a little. Special-K chocolatey delight cereal is awesome, too. There are tons of recipes online for healthy baked goods, like no bake chocolate-oatmeal peanut butter cookies.. they are delicious, hope this helps. stay strong your heart is thanking you!
  • suzy1220
    suzy1220 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    They aren't warm but the Weight Watchers ice cream bars (any flavor!) are delicious and about 130 calories each.
  • slightner
    slightner Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My go-to snack is chocolate animal crackers. 16 of them is 130 calories, and it satisfies me!
  • honeyandmilk
    honeyandmilk Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I always save a couple hundred calories so I can eat a nighttime snack. Tonight I had coconut dark chocolate. :bigsmile: