What (who) annoys you at the gym?

Options

Replies

• UsernameStillLoading
    Options
    To be honest the only thing that has ever bothered me at gyms has been the staff. I tend to get into a "zone" and focus very hard and tune everything out and when staff try and talk to me, it throws me off and is really distracting. Others I pay no attention to. So I look for gyms where the staff speaks to you when you speak to them. That probably sounds bad, but that is why I do not go to gyms that have staff that coaches you. If I want a trainer, I will get a trainer. Otherwise the interruptions cause me to lose focus and nor preform as well. So I am not a meany I just like what I like in a gym.

That is annoying. The staff in my gym would say hi and continue moving. I think that's fine (given that I was in resting and not during a set), in fact, I think that's friendly. If they start a conversation while I am still working out, I would be very annoyed. Thankfully, they only converse after the workout when we greet and catch up. I tend to have a good relationship with some of the staff members.
  • UsernameStillLoading
    Options
    GYM BUNNIES!!!!

1) Take your make up off!!
    2) Tie your hair up
    3) Ditch the wonderbra
    4) SWEAT *****!!!

:D

I love that..."Gym Bunnies"
  • bikhi
    bikhi Posts: 175
    Options
    the couple who makes out every sunday by the leg press machine.
  • Bootjockey
    Bootjockey Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    My only gripe, really, is very minor...parents who bring their kids and let them run wild, and then they run all around, physically getting in the way of people running, walking, lifting, etc...I just try to go when there are fewer kids, early in the morning, before work...

-BootJockey
  • mattagascar
    mattagascar Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    The guy who doesn't lay a towel down on the bench and leaves behind a mess...and the guys who play basketball and don't play defense and jack up 3's all day.

Oh bonus....roided out guy
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    why do roided out guys piss you off?
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    The guy who doesn't lay a towel down on the bench and leaves behind a mess...and the guys who play basketball and don't play defense and jack up 3's all day.

Oh bonus....roided out guy

Hey sexy, you need a spotter?
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    why do roided out guys piss you off?

Have you dabbled?
  • AJinBirmingham
    Options
    The only thing that bothers me right now is this group of the same 3 guys who will stand around various machine; not using the machines just standing around them not allowing anyone else to use them.

Those guys come to my gym too! They think the bench in like the water cooler in a gossipy office.
  • cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    too much perfume/colonge!! DEATHTRAP!
    ^^^^^THIS^^^^^
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    this thread annoys me more than anything at the gym cuz I am too busy working out to worry about what everyone else is or isn't doing.
  • cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Oh, snd the chick yesterday that went into the steam room in a g string and bra with half her who ha showing...ewww!
    ^^^^^^Things I LIKE in the gym^^^^^^^^^^
  • raniagt94
    raniagt94 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    People who bring an entire carton of milk...Is that normal?
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    *kitten* that don't re-rack their *kitten*.
    it is not part of my workout to put your effing plates back.
  • txs78746
    Options
    Dropping weights and failure to re-rack. Six inches is one thing. One gym I frequent has guys dropping them from a few feet up. Great to dodge an 80 pound dumbbell while trying to get in a set. And please, please re-rack your stuff. Personally I think failure to do so should get one ejected.
  • LilacSnow
    LilacSnow Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    there's a group of college-age guys who are in the whirlpool every night when i want to go in. they piss me off because they take up the whole thing and don't actually go IN. they just sit on the edge and let their feet dangle in while they chit chat for an hour.

i also got super annoyed by some chick who came into the sauna fully dressed and playing music on her ipod. like.... can you not recognize this is a place for relaxing? i don't want to listen to your ****ty music. put some ****ing earbuds in.
  • LilacSnow
    LilacSnow Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    this thread annoys me more than anything at the gym cuz I am too busy working out to worry about what everyone else is or isn't doing.

no one is that busy when they're working out.
  • sgrubby
    sgrubby Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    When I first joined they scheduled a "free consultation" for me which turned out to be a high pressure, hard sell sales pitch for a personal trainer. NO means NO. How many times do I have to say NO? The following week I ran into the sales guy in the locker room and he tried to sell me again. The last thing I need at the gym is someone pressuring me and making me want to avoid them. Thankfully, he backed off.
  • Bobanji
    Bobanji Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    People who grunt and make loud noises when on cardio machines. Save it for the weight room geez. I nearly fell off the elliptical one day after some woman yelled cause she ran 10 minutes straight. And continued to grunt like a man about every 5 minutes. She never even realized everyone on the cardio machines all moved over to the left side of the room cause she was being so loud and annoying. :explode:
  • heagler870
    heagler870 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Nothing annoys me at the gym. I get there do my thing and get out. Nothing annoys me at the gym unless it's directly affecting me; which nothing ever has.