I'm new here and could use some friends for motivation.

Options
I am about to turn 44, I'm a male, and I need to lose nearly 90 pounds. I lost 80 pounds about 5 years ago and gained it all back in a year. I KNOW what I have to do, and I am motivated to do it, and I feel like NOW is the right time to do it. I plan to use the same techniques I used last time: calorie counting, exercise (treadmill, running, walking, and biking), and just cutting out all of the snacks. I am a dad of two young girls, my dad and mom had (or have) diabetes, and I have a LOT of things to motivate me, but without friends it can be a little rough. My wife and kids are behind this weight loss, so that helps.

I live in Texas but would love to have any friends that want to offer motivation!

Todd

Replies

• HungryKoala
    Options
    Hey dude! Right on! Do it for the family man, if you ever need to ***** about stuff- I am a great venting buddy!!
  • jbloomfj
    jbloomfj Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I log daily. feel free to add me as a friend if you wish. I have 13 pounds left to each my goal
  • chamukodali
    Options
    Hi Guys,
    I am new to this program. I am female. I have to loose so much weight. but , i dont have motivation. i am lazy,lazy, lazy.
    how to motivate myself??
  • brandiepair
    Options
    Hey, what part of texas do you live in?? I'm in houston! Cool to see others from here!! You can add me. I'm wanting to lose another 80 ish lbs!!
  • marckrebs44
    Options
    Todd - I've been where you're at now... did WW 5 years ago, lost over 100 pounds, but put most of it back on... have been doing MFP for 14 months now, and have lost 80 pounds... now I need to keep it off.

Please feel free to friend me... we can go through this journey together.

Marc
  • TinaLTaylor79
    TinaLTaylor79 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I Love helping ppl and trying to keep ppl Motivated!! Like my FB page http://www.facebook.com/CoachTL I will do my best to keep you motivated and offer tips on everything nutrition & Fitness;)
  • joannbrunton
    joannbrunton Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    This journey is much easier with supportive friends on MFP. By all means, add me. I'd love to watch your progress.
  • chandanders
    chandanders Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi Todd,

Feel free to add me! I love to motivate! I used to be a running coach, and am still teaching. I believe that enthusiasm is contagious, so I would love to help cheer you on. My husband is also on here and is a great motivator!
  • Lanise_10
    Lanise_10 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me....I try to encourage and motivate everyone on my friend's list
  • pinchincents
    Options
    That's awesome! My husband and I are both doing the same. He doesn't have a lot of weight to lose, I have the weight from 5 kids to lose though. He is just trying to bulk up more.

I hate running, but our whole family does Body Revolution with Jillian Michaels and it will kick your butt! We are currently on phase 2 workout 5 and 6. What I love about her is that she hits every muscle group, but lets each section you work on rest for a day while working on a new part of your body.

I struggled with losing weight until I started this program. We also got rid of the pop and processed foods for the most part. We are doing a video blog on YouTube of our progress and have a website too.

We'd love to encourage you. His screen name is eandoru2 if you'd like to add him. Feel free to also add me if you'd like. We all need encouragement too.

Remember you can do this and you will do this! :) Wishing you all the best.
  • willbeayummymuumy
    Options
    Hey im only on day 3 but so far so gd add me if u wnt :)
  • VasylP
    VasylP Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm relatively new as well. I hear where you are coming from I turned 50 last autumn and I wish that when I was your age I had finally got my head straight to change my lifestyle. I've lost about 33 lbs since then .. Please feel free to add me mate.

A lot of very positive people here.

Vasyl
    aka Bill
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    It can be done, one only requires the will and opportunity to succeed.