Turning blue during a hard workout?

Options
2»

Replies

• RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you need to breathe more during your workouts.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    ya'll have never had blue nails..really???
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    This is a simple question that is being asked. She isn't looking for a diagnosis of what is going on...just wants to see if anyone else has experienced these symptoms. It is blatantly obvious that no one should fully trust any answer on these forums, but it is not a place to argue who has more credentials as a nurse than the other. I mean seriously people can't we all just get along?

No one is arguing about credentials. People pointed out that as a nurse, one would think the OP would know to check in with a doctor first versus asking for medical opinions/advice on the internet.
  • WhitR86
    WhitR86 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm 26 and work out all the time...not sure why this happened. Ya blue=low oxygen....i was kore asking why and if anyone else experienced this. I'm really not sure why I'm defending asking a question on here. Guess I should know everything or pretend to. First time posting! Great experience. Thanks.
    For people who actually offered some advice thank you. Ill ask a hospitalist when I work Friday and post back what I find out.
  • SailorSarah311
    SailorSarah311 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Almost true. There was a slight problem when the OP didn't understand an abbreviation from another poster, and then was insulted for not knowing it because all nurses should know it. I believe it was MM!? And I'm sorry your first forum post was a bad experience.
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    Almost true. There was a slight problem when the OP didn't understand an abbreviation from another poster, and then was insulted for not knowing it because all nurses should know it. I believe it was MM!? And I'm sorry your first forum post was a bad experience.

But she wasn't insulted. Nobody called her stupid or any other name. They just asked if she checked her MM's. All she had to say was she didn't know that abbreviation. Instead she offered up FU.

Why does everyone see every freaking response as an attack?
  • loranch
    loranch Posts: 94 Member
    Options

That's what I was thinking. Sounds like Raynaud's Syndrome.

Bingo!!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of that before. How is your circulation? I know that poor circulation can cause our skin/nails to turn blue. I'm not saying that is the answer, but it is something to think about.

That's what I was thinking. Sounds like Raynaud's Syndrome.

Raynaud's was my first thought as well. My mom has it. Her fingertips and toes are always blueish.

Operative word is always.
    While reynaud's would be a reasonable guess there are a lot of situations that could lead to peripheral hypoxia. A few are medically significant, OP, if you are concerned or have had this happen more than once see your doctor. If the issue did not go away within a few minutes, see you doctor. Heck, for any peripheral circulation issue, see your doctor.

Op - do write down if you had previously eaten prior to the exercise bout, medications, prior sleep pattern tat can all impact this.

Any pain, discomfort or unusual difficult to return to a normal color, normal heart beat after effort should also be reported.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    *nvmd