Cyclical Vomiting Syndrome

Options
Hello all,

Is there anyone else on MFP that has been diagnosed with Cyclical Vomiting Syndrome? I have been dealing with the symptoms for much of my life and this is the diagnosis they always come back to for me. Just looking for support and others to share advice with. Thanks!!

Kat

Replies

• nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Wow! I've never heard of it. I just looked it up and I'm sure one of my students has this! He vomits often but never seems to be "sick". Sometimes it happens when he is upset or excited but sometimes when he wakes up from a nap or is just sitting in his seat. He usually recovers quickly. I hate it for him...and you!
  • tfd91
    tfd91 Posts: 1
    Options
    Whoops, posted under my boyfriend's name! haha, gotta log out first :-)
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    What I was trying to post earlier on the wrong account was thank you for the well thoughts! I have been dealing with this since age 2 and am working to find my triggers so I can do my best to prevent the cycles. Best wishes to the young boy you know!
  • justagirlgeek
    justagirlgeek Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My daughter had it!
    She grew out of it recently, at age 4!

I feel for you! It was horrible to watch her have to go through that! :(
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    My DR is fairly sure I have it. It came on in adulthood for me. I am seeing a gastroent next week finally after 3 years or more
  • schwafan420
    schwafan420 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have cvs, if your still around or anyone else that has it I would love to talk about it. There's not many of us out here.