Willpower.

2»

Replies

• ixa73
    ixa73 Posts: 24 Member
    Thank you everyone for your posts. I just logged on to find some motivation and encouragement - I've had no willlpower the last month or so. Only logged food every few days if I remembered... Also eating heaps of junk and feeling flat and sluggish... Still exercising so keep eating all those cals as well (and then some). Some of you have been on such a big journey that I suddenly realise I have no excuse to be to slack! I'll start today - not tomorrow. Thanks!
  • samiamrn4
    samiamrn4 Posts: 5 Member
    So here are my strategies: I ask do I really really really want this certain food..like will I be tasting it in my mind and drooling or am I bored.? Then if I truely want it I take a half cup of whatever it is..cake cheeseburger whatever and take my first bite I ask myself is it amazing and worth the calories cause if its amazing I eat the whole portion and step away..if it tastes like poo or stale ect I toss it.why would I waste a cheat on that.

Next if I start going through a string of "bad days with poor choices. I go try and put on a pair of jeans or dress I really want to fit into.or I look at mfp at my progress grab something healthier than my craving like fruit or yogurt for sweets or rice crackers almonds for salty see if it works.

Otherwise sit on your hands talk to yourself like a five year old (in your head)! And say no ..remembering how awesome you will feel if you resist the urge. But remember one or two bad days once in awhile won't kill your progress. Last but not least if you eat something sinful do the excessive for it after :-) you are not alone we all go through. It. Think about summer comin!