Question on my calorie intake.

Options
Hi guys, My name is Rosa.

I have a quick question, i just noticed today that all week i get a certain amount of calories left. I just had not realized that Where it says Net is how much i had actually eaten after exercise and everything.

So today my calorie goal was 1540 cal. and Food consumed i suppose was 1419 cal. and Net food after i plugged in my exercise was of 767.

So basically my question is almost everyday I have had food "earned" is that food i have to eat, if i have already eaten more than 1200 calories?

I am confused. Would you kind people take a look at my food log and let me know your opinions =)

I really do appreciate all your help.

=)

Edit: If i were to increase my food, wouldn't that cause me to gain weight?

Replies

• smokinjackd
    Options
    Your MFP calorie allowance is set to have you lose 1to 2pounds per week depending how you set it up. When you exercise you burn more calories, so MFP adjusts your allowable caloris to maintain that one to two pounds per week, if it didn't you could potentially lose at a higher rate which isn't necessarily healthy. On the same note, I have days when between 90 minutes on my spin bike and an insanity workout my MFP caloric intake recommendation is close to 4000 calories, eating healthy I just can't consume that volume of food and am way under in calories and it hasnt seemed to cause any ill effects.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    You can eat those calories if you'd like to. You will/should not gain weight by doing so as, theoretically, your caloric deficit is built into your goal whether you exercise or not.