OverEat :( I ruined everything

Options
Hi guys :) my name is T :) Last September I reach from 143 to 115 pounds :) And I started Cross Country ! I tried to push myself to 110 :) But I started to overeat :) It start 2 days a week :) I thought I can control it :) But I was wrong :) I can't control it any more :( Please :( Help me :( I gained to 135 ! I cried every single night :( Now all I can see in the mirror that I'm such a fat , ugly girl who don't know how to control herself :( I can't do this :( I ruined everything :( I overeat today :( 2 days in a row :( Why Why :( I feel so bad about myself :( I just want to kill myself right now :( Please Please Help me :( Please I cant find my motivation anymore :(

Replies

• Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Draw a line under all of that and start afresh TODAY. You've done it once before and you can do it again. Have you got a buddy to motivate you? Workout together?

Anyway, giving you a big hug (((hug))) :flowerforyou:
  • dangtienthanh97
    Options
    Can I :Start over again :( how do you avoid overeat :(
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    calm down, it's not the end of the world. You're just a little heavier than you want to be. You can change your behaviours. Start with eating low calorie food and filling up on that and water. You're still eating, but it won't have the same effect. Round it out with a few good meals a day, within your calorie limit, and go for a walk every second day, and you'll be well on the way to winning x
  • Peanutbutterx
    Options
    relax!! dont worry everything is going to be okay! you still have time to eat healthy, a couple days isnt goin to hurt you :) i did the same thing i was eating like a crazyy person for like 4 days and couldnt stop and was gaining weight and was like why am i doing this?? then i got my period today and realized ohhh thats what it was! maybe thats whats going on with you, maybe not maybe you just need some more calories, either way dont let it discourage you because you can still turn this around! tomorrow is a new day, you dont have to start over, just pick up where you left off :) dont be so hard on yourself, everything will be okay :)
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Can I :Start over again :( how do you avoid overeat :(

Do you exercise at all at the moment?
  • dangtienthanh97
    Options
    5 k :) 4 days a week :) I will do track next Monday :) Eventhough I excercise a lot :( But I overeat made me gained a lot weights :(
  • dangtienthanh97
    Options
    Thank you so much :) Any tips that I can eliminate overeat :)
  • imkegoal
    imkegoal Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I don't know how tall you are, but 135 lb doesn't seem to be overweight. i'd love to weigh 135lb! Don't beat yourself up about it. You can controle overeating , but only if you are motivated enough- you've done it before, we can't do it for you...
  • aiziks251
    Options
    Are you tracking your eating right now? I find tracking my eating helps me not overeat. Also try to keep low-calorie snacks around. If you feel yourself get hungry and need a snack, try drinking a glass of water first. Most people (myself included) actually can't tell the difference between hunger and thirst until they get dehydrated.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    You weigh 135 and only see yourself as fat? Seek counselling, sounds like you have, or are headed toward an eating disorder, or body dismorphia issues, or both.
  • PixieNana2013
    PixieNana2013 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, there are a lot worse things that could happen to you than being overweight, although I do understand at your age being a little overweight is a huge thing. According to how tall you are, I don't think 143 is very overweight, in fact that's what I'm aiming for (5' 4"). Take if from someone who has tried every diet going, the only way is to train yourself to eat less of what you like. If you binge one day you could try eating a lot less the next day, say 500 calories - it won't hurt for ONE day. In fact there is a now scientific evidence that eating just 500 calories for 2 days a week can be beneficial to your health. Anyhow good luck with getting back on track, but enjoy life as well.
  • HungryKoala
    Options
    You can't over eat on salads!! If you feel like you need a lot of food, make it like lettuce and celery and raw broccoli, I don't think it matters how much of those things you eat seeing as celery takes more calories to process than you eat and lettuce has SO few cals in it.
  • dangtienthanh97
    Options
    thank you so much for cheering me :) I will DO IT AGAIN :) I can do it
  • eoakhome
    Options
    I've done Cross Country for years. 2 years ago I got extreme insomnia, and my life changed. I gained 45 lbs & I felt my life was ruined. I'm now on my Tacx ( cause it's Winter in my Country) with my Scott ( bike) for the second day & I love it !!! If I can do it - you CAN do it !!! Drink a glass of water before every meal. Before you sit down on the sofa after work, put on your training clothes & do some training. Does not have to be a lot in the beginning. You can start slow. I will recommend you a website called zuzkalight.com ( she is also on YouTube with the same name). She's got 10-20 minutes workouts that are very effective. She is amazing !
    I don't think that you will get back on that sofa ,eating after a workout with her. And as you know; us Cross Country people need exercise for our stomach cause we get minimal of that on the bike :)

Just start slowly and you will soon be back on track !
  • eoakhome
    Options
    Sorry something wrong happened here...
  • Reema_capricorn
    Reema_capricorn Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    you need to chill out!! I faced the same problem at 21 when I quit gymming and I really ballooned up.I joined yoga to "calm down" and cleanse my body and I also sought counselling and it really helped? Are you seeking help? that will put you on the right track and yeah yoga will give your body definition and better self control. But its ok to let go sometimes provided your eating super healthy to make up for it! hope this helped you a bit.bye
  • als13star
    Options
    I too have had two not good days but I tracked my food both days and that encourages me to be good today to try and make up for it, I think however 'bad' you are, be honest with yourself and note it down, it encourages you to do better, and we all have days that its a struggle :flowerforyou:
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    My worst is when I go to choir practice and get home after my wife is asleep. I put the kettle on and get the porridge oats in a bowl to soak (because I read somewhere that they cook in a microwave in a minute if they are pre-soaked) then i just have a spoonful - or two - and then find I need to add some more for the morning.
    Why, oh why, do I have The Munchies after a 2 hour choir practice but not after 2 hours in the gym.

Should I give up choir- all 3 of them?
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Hi guys :) my name is T :) Last September I reach from 143 to 115 pounds :) And I started Cross Country ! I tried to push myself to 110 :) But I started to overeat :) It start 2 days a week :) I thought I can control it :) But I was wrong :) I can't control it any more :( Please :( Help me :( I gained to 135 ! I cried every single night :( Now all I can see in the mirror that I'm such a fat , ugly girl who don't know how to control herself :( I can't do this :( I ruined everything :( I overeat today :( 2 days in a row :( Why Why :( I feel so bad about myself :( I just want to kill myself right now :( Please Please Help me :( Please I cant find my motivation anymore :(

why did you want to be 110 rather than 115lb? If 110 is not a healthy weight for you to be, then pushing yourself to get there is probably what triggered the overeating, i.e. it's your body's survival response kicking in because you were losing too much weight. If you ate too little for a prolonged period of time, then the rebound fat gain is to be expected, again, it's a survival response.

I would really strongly recommend focusing on body fat percentage rather than BMI/weight. Seriously, what's the difference between 115 and 110 lbs? In the case of some people, it could mean stronger muscles or denser bones. Both of those are healthy. Someone who's 115lb doesn't suddenly become healthy because they lost 5lb to get to 110. In a lot of cases, they can become less healthy, due to losing lean body mass rather than fat. (The leaner you are already the more likely this is to happen if you cut your calories too low, and this can lead to rebound overeating and rebound fat gain).

People tend to think that any weight in the healthy BMI (weight/height chart) range is healthy for anyone, and you can just pick whatever weight you fancy in that range. However that's not true, and BMI charts are very misleading. If you have a small frame, the lower end of the BMI range is healthiest, medium frame the middle part of the range is healthiest and if you have a large frame then the high end of the BMI healthy range is healthiest, and some people who are both large framed and very athletic may actually have a BMI in the overweight range, while they have a healthy body fat percentage.

How tall are you? (sorry if I missed it). 135lb is not heavy, even if you're only 5 feet tall it's only just above the healthy range. If you are only 5 feet tall and have a tiny frame then at this weight you would be carrying too much fat. But it's really hard to know your frame size, so it's a very good idea to get your body fat percentage measured, and base your weight goal on that. If you are petite and have a tiny frame, 110 is a good goal. Even if you're short, if you have a medium or large frame, 110 is possibly below what would be a healthy weight for you, and you would be better off changing your goal. If you're quite a bit taller than 5 feet, then 110 is not a healthy weight regardless of your frame size. When you know your body fat percentage, you can do simple maths to see what weight you'll be at your ideal body fat percentage.

Another important thing, as you're already at a healthy weight (or almost in the healthy range if you're very petite) is to take the fat loss very, very slowly. The leaner you are already, the higher the risk of losing lean body mass along with the fat, and as I said before this can lead to your body's survival responses kicking in, like increased hunger. Take it really slowly like 0.5lb a week, and make sure all the food you're eating is healthy, including enough protein. It's a lot easier to stick to when you go slowly, because you are still eating plenty, and also it's much more likely that what you're losing is pure fat, so you stay healthy while losing fat and it's easier to maintain when you get there and there's less risk of rebound fat gain - which is what you experienced last time. To find out how many calories you need to eat to lose 0.5lb/week, see a thread titled "in place of a road map"
  • jerameylovinglife
    jerameylovinglife Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    it is good to start over and get a fresh start.. and really study your body out... now if you dont feel you can control it, you may need to see a Dr. to get a total physical evaluation, and also going to a psychiatrist that specializes in overeating may be able to talk you through some of your troubles.