TICKED OFF WITH CALORIES!! >:(( HELP!!

Options
This past week, I have been overating my calories and it's pissing me off!!! I'm afraid that if I continue this route I will have a hard time getting back on track. I've been really hungry lately and I don't know why. I do snack when i do certain activties because it gives me energy and keeps me away from boredom. I know I shouldn't eat because of boredom but honestly don't tell me to examine that because I will get ticked about that, too! I have been stressed out because of school and an arguement I had with my mom today. But, that doesn't count for the whole week.
When I started college and I was afraid this was going to happen, I don't know how I lost track but I want to get back and the recommended amount of calories for me. What I don't like about fitness pal is that some days that I'm working out and the calories I burn means I eat more but other days I have to be consistent. I honestly don't know what to do. YES, i am very aware that is PARTICIALLY because of stress but it's SO FRUSTRATING to calm myself down. I need a plan and I need to NOT be hungry! Help!! :'((

Replies

• Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Overeating by how much?

Odds are if it's ~100 - maybe more - you'll still be in a deficit by the end of the week.
  • Jasminka91
    Options
    It depends...like around 100 or 200 calories.
  • symonspatrick
    symonspatrick Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    It might help if you think of your calories like a checking account, if you have extra calories one day and are not hungry then you can eat them at a later date when you are hungry. Or if you are hungry today and need to eat more then maybe tomorrow or the next day you may be able to eat less to make up for it. If your weekly calories are in line with your goals you will still be able to lose weight.
  • Jasminka91
    Options
    That is a good way to think of it. Thank you :)
    I did burn 700 something calories out of 320 calories weekly or this week so that's good but still I just don't want to overeat and get used to overeating and never getting back on track.
  • Mscastillo85
    Mscastillo85 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm always under my caloric intake and that bugs the hell out of me. :/
  • Jasminka91
    Options
    Wanna switch BMI's and calorie ranges? lol
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I do weight watchers with MFP and bank exercise points and restart my account Monday, I can earn up to 500 free calories by the weekend. It really does work. Don't stress a lot about it it makes it worse.
  • Jasminka91
    Options
    I can't afford weight watchers.
  • dstevens19
    dstevens19 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert but if you're logging your exercise and taking that as permission to eat more, just don't log your exercise in MFP for a week or two and hold yourself to your calorie limit. I also find that planning my meals around my schedule helps. Also, I come home from work so hungry and can eat a mini binge before I know it if I'm not careful. I've started taking my vitamins with a big glass of water right before I cook dinner. Every little trick helps.
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options

I know I shouldn't eat because of boredom but honestly don't tell me to examine that because I will get ticked about that, too!

I have been stressed out because of school and an arguement I had with my mom today. But, that doesn't count for the whole week.

YES, i am very aware that is PARTICIALLY because of stress but it's SO FRUSTRATING to calm myself down. I need a plan and I need to NOT be hungry! Help!! :'((

I know this sounds harsh but you're making excuses. You're not hungry, you're eating emotionally and if you're not prepared to examine that then there is no help.
  • MN4US
    MN4US Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert but if you're logging your exercise and taking that as permission to eat more, just don't log your exercise in MFP for a week or two and hold yourself to your calorie limit.

Sound advice.